“Can't go wrong”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimborne
Fernhead Guest House
Ranked #4 of 27 Wimborne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Highly recommended: nice rooms, friendly staff and the breakfast was the highlight of our weekend. One of the better B&Bs we have stayed in. Close to centre of Wimborne which is a nice little place to visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MattE1245
fernhead7, Owner at Fernhead Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased you enjoyed Wimborne and your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had the best nights sleep in a beautiful large room with everything you could think of provided.A large bathroom with shower and bath and everything was spotless.As for the breakfast we have never seen so much choice or quantity,it was delicious.Karen was the most perfect host and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amanda f

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Fernhead at the beginning of May - and could not have been made more welcome. My room was large, light, airy and beautifully appointed- with a very comfy bed! Karen could not have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble- from travel advice, to providing nail polisher remover! Fernhead is about 10 mins walk from Wimbourne- a beautiful market town with lots of excellent restaurants, range of shops and the beautiful Minister. I was there for a wedding - and the whole weekend was wonderful. The Fernhead provided the perfect base- oh yes- lovely large full English! Many thanks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie J

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. So pleased to hear that your weekend was such a success.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My Wife 2 daughters and I have visited this guest house every year since 2009 as we have an extended family beach day in Bournemouth each year. Without question this is the best B&B we have ever stayed in, Karen and Brian have made it so, the large clean rooms are extremely comfortable, with every facility, including a fridge containing bottles of water and even a bottle of fresh milk to use with the coffee and tea! (biscuits are provided too) Breakfast's are incredible with a huge selection of fresh strawberries/raspberries /bananas/ prunes etc., + cereals, a selection of around 30 yoghurts! and then its choose your mains from the menu ranging from smoked salmon to the fuller than full English Breakfast then on to toast all washed down with any type of tea and coffee phew (probably missed a few things but you get my drift)

Karen and Brian are great hosts and even looked after the girls for a morning whilst my wife and I strolled into Windborne . we are going back next year and wouldn't think of wanting to stay anywhere else in Dorset. definitely the best B&B in Dorset.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

to add to the other accolades; we had the Walford Room which was very comfortable and spacious accommodation, excellent breakfasts and a most welcoming and delightful proprietor. Thank you for having us from New Zealand

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
fernhead7, Owner at Fernhead Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you so much. It's always lovely to have people from far way shores to stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have stayed at Fernhead twice before for one night stays while on business in Wimborne. We foun d it excellent, so clean, everything thought of, spacious and comfortable. The location is very close to the lovely old town. Our last stay on 6th June was as good as ever, so much so, that we are planning to return for a long weekend. The accommodation is clean and modern, and at breakfast everything is thought of. I really enjoyed a helping of the fresh berry fruit before an excellent cooked full breakfast - again everything was thought of fresh croissants, even cholesterol lowering drinks, etc. Wonderful coffee. Karen is a great hostess. We had to have a very early breakfast and this was no problem at all. EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: We had a room as far as I recall at the side which was spacious and quiet, but cannot remember the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much. We look forward to having you stay a little bit longer next time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I picked this b&b for my mum, sister and two nephews to stay in when they came to visit me.

The owner was amazing at helping me choose rooms for them. There was bunk beds in with my sisters sumptuous double bed so my little nephew had a cool bed (with teddies) and was right near to mum. My baby nephew had a little travel cot which was set up ready for their arrival.

Our mum was across the corridor in a beautiful double room with an amazing bathroom.

I didn't stay myself but was allowed to come and visit in the evening, and we all watched TV in the family room. There was plentiful books and toys for kids of all ages, and my sister declared it the best place she he ever stayed. Apparently breakfast was perfect with plentiful supplies and sweet little plates for the boys.

Thank you Fernhead, you will be our guest house of choice from now on!

We highly recommend! Fran, Kath, Jo, and the boys :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much. Having had a large family, now with six grand daughters, we learnt early on that if the children were happy everyone was happy!