“I'll definitely be going back”
Review of The Barley Mow

The Barley Mow
Ranked #27 of 102 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Forest, UK
“I'll definitely be going back”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A friend and I fancied a mid-week evening meal but arrived at the pub 5 or 10 minutes after food service had closed (8pm). The landlord(?) assured us it wasn't a problem and we had a really good and affordable meal. The menu is varied and most main dishes are around £10 or £11 with really generous portion sizes. (The ladies on the next table ordered an ice-cream sundae which was huge!).

Service was incredibly good and the pub overall was exceptionally clean and really nicely furnished - and the garden area looked very pleasant and secluded. I'll definitely be visiting again.

• Visited June 2014

UK
“So disappointing”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nicely refurbished but so disappointed by a limited & more expensive menu. Having been before for family celebrations, to what had been a popular country pub with a wide & reasonably priced menu, We arrived to find new management & few customers, with the food good but no longer special, we will be looking for alternatives.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank EnglandTeenfamily
“Landlord needs to be more friendly”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Barley Mow has been refurbished since I had last been there and been done very nicely. Went on a weekday lunchtime which was very quiet, therefore atmosphere would be better when busy I'm sure. The man serving, who I assume was the landlord was polite but not particularly friendly and didn't respond when we tried to make conversation with him. He showed no interest when my friend when he tried to discuss with him what the Barley Mow was like years ago. Great garden to sit out in on a nice day!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Liando1
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Visited with a large family group (12) - Service was hard to fault, food arrived promptly and accurate (how often can that be said?), good beer, food was tasty (if a little pricey)

Visited April 2014
“Unexpectedly lovely food, good beer and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Came along after a walk around some lovely Dorset lanes. 4 of us enjoyed the good beer and wine, and my friend and I enjoyed the paddles (3 third pints) to sample the range. Then we went over to the eating area and had lovely starters and main course. Tasty food, none the worse whether simple (fish and chips) or otherwise... Will be back.

• Visited March 2014