“Lovely celebration meal”

Ranked #75 of 105 Restaurants in Wimborne
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just returned from a visit here this evening and on return home decided to post a review. Really shocked at recent comments as we have just had a super evening. Staff were attentive and service efficient ( we are quite ' high maintainence' due to allergy concerns but all questions were dealt with excellently and my daughter was left feeling looked after and safe, unlike some places where she feels she has been a problem )
All five of us enjoyed different starters and mains and so i feel confident that we are equipped to say that all meals were presented well, portions were generous, food was piping hot and we all enjoyed what we had chosen. There was a large party in next to us and staff mentioned that as we had just sat down after them there may be a wait for food( absolutely understandable if it had happened ) but this wasn't the case at all. The kitchen clearly dealt very well. We have eaten at this pub on and off for several years now and have never experienced problems. I'm sure we will return soon.

Paul C, General Manager at Fox and Hounds, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Fox & Hounds. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoy your visit’s, it’s wonderful to hear positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Not one of the previous two months of comments are exaggerated. Went for meal on a quiet weekday lunch time, advised a 30 minute wait, fare enough but that turned in to 45 minutes then had to chase up staff , I could not understand any reason for the delay what is like at peak times I dread to think. I feel it had been plated up for 15 minutes before being served.
Previous visits in the past have been enjoyable but not this time , So Goodbye

3  Thank TheMajorsBatman
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Really love the look of the pub, from outside to walking in. We had a 45min wait which we dint mind as they did tell us and put it on a board but I don't understand why after waiting so long why was the food so bad? My other half ordered the pie with mash and veg, lovely pie but the mash was rock solid and the veg was half cooked so the pie was the only thing he ate. Where I ordered a simple lasagne with garlic bread, I only ate my garlic bread which had no garlic but was okay where the lasagne was too spicy and peppery for my liking and the pasta was just disgusting. Ive never known lasagne to be spicy before and my other half tried it and could not eat my lasagne either. I went to the loo and saw other people had not eaten their meals either one of being a lasagne. Was a waste of money and will not come here for food again, I don't know what happened as this USED to be a nice place to eat and drink.

2  Thank Ruby S
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just returned from the Fox and Hounds from a meal with friends. We were told that the food would be a 75 minute wait, which in the end turned out to be 90+ minutes, and the restaurant wasn't exactly busy. The bar staff seemed resigned to the poor performance from the kitchen. Had we not have walked to the venue I would have gone somewhere else. We sat at the far end of the restaurant and the tables were crammed close together. The experience was completed by the influx of chavs who seemed to feel the need to hold conversations at full volume at the adjacent table. I've not been to the Fox and Hounds for a few years and certainly won't feel the need to return until it changes management. Oh, and the food was distinctly poor to average.

2  Thank crooked_cat
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just returned from The Fox and Hounds and wish I'd read previous reviews. It was awful. The restaurant was not busy & it took almost an hour to get our meals, when they arrived they were dry & unappetising, needless to say the kids meals arrived even later. Dessert finally arrived 2 1/4 hours after we sat down. The staff were not remotely interested, their only interest was getting us off the table so they could use it for a later booking. Tip for the staff, speed up and your table will be free in plenty of time. Dread to think what it's like in there when it's busy. It's a shame because the garden & children's play area is lovely but we won't be returning!.

3  Thank M T