“should be shut down” 1 of 5 bubbles

Fox and Hounds
Ranked #76 of 97 Restaurants in Wimborne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“should be shut down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to the fox and hound with friends. Ordered food, told we would have to wait for 40/45 minitues. We had tto wait 1hour and 45 minitues for the food.when it arrived it was dried up like chewing an old tyre, so hungry we ate it.while we were waiting we looked around the floor was fitlthy, rubbish and food everywhere, the tables were sticky.children running everywhere.very noisy.our advice is steer clear of tthis place.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Paul C, General Manager at Fox and Hounds, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Fox and Hounds. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. We are continually training and recruiting and working towards giving better service to all of our guests. I apologise that the service and standards of food you received on your visit were not up to the high standards we are aiming for. We thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver as we truly want to provide the great service you would expect.

Bournemouth
“A Q too far”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Large open plan pub, good gardens for kids, generous car park, fair selection of cask and real ales. Let down badly by insufficient staff. I only wanted a pint and a half for my wife but had to wait a long while while two young dads discussed, amongst many other things, the types of cheese they would get in their kids burgers - answer - plastic, obviously.
What this pub and many others that offer family fare is a drinks only sales point. On the plus side thre were some comfy armchairs to supplement the usual banquette seating and the location is great for the river walk by Canford School

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Fox and Hounds. We appreciate all feedback as we truly believe that this is the only way of improving the service we provide. I am sorry on your recent visit the wait was long. We are currently making changes to reduce the wait at busy times and we are grateful that you have raised this issue with us so we may continue to monitor and improve. As part of improving the way we work, we are in the process of implementing a drink only till point during high trading sessions. Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Perfect Doggy Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visit this pub frequently when my owners leave the front door open. I have a secret exit from the garden that they cannot find! I would just like to say that the staff and visitors are without exception friendly and welcoming. There is always a bowl of water and doggy treats and titbits that I never get at home! Sometimes I sit outside with the guests and drink the beer but mostly I sit in the bar with the very nice staff. Unfortunately my owner somehow gets to hear that I am visiting and turns up to collect me far too soon! Lots of love from Jake the Spaniel.

Message from owner: thank you so much for being tested beyond patience and being unfailingly pleased to see me! I shall continue to try and track down his exit point from our garden. Meanwhile please could everyone drive down Old Ham Lane very slowly!!

P.S. We have also had some excellent meals at the Fox & Hounds - our only mistake being to bring Jake which gave him ideas way above his station!

2 Thank Fanny T
Thank you from all of us for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Fox and Hounds. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoy your visit’s, it’s wonderful to hear positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. The new manager has the contact details for you for when we have our unexpected visitor!
weymouth dorset
“shame on the one stroppy member of the bar staff, taking orders for food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a shame that the member of the team of busy workers taking food and drink orders, must have forgotten how to slightly 'bend a rule' now and again to keep an elderly lady happy, on her 86th birthday. Our Mother had requested that she quite fancied a BLT sandwich on crusty brown bread, for her lunch whilst visiting the fox and hounds earlier today.
We were told 'no we can't do a sandwich on a Sunday, as we're far too busy.
On suggesting they just bring a small side salad, some bacon from a burger and bread, and even offering to assemble a sandwich ourselves. we were simply told ;No" we can't do that, the Chef that's on today will not agree to anything like that"

What a shame !
We were a party of 6. July 13th 2014
We often use this Pub as it's local to us, we've spent lots of time there during Family catch-ups or having the occasional celebration meal. I'm not so sure we'll be in too much of a 'hurry' now to revisit. The system they have involves often waiting for meals for between 45. to 50 mins.
Our Mother is Diabetic so just wanted a quick sandwich !
Maybe as a courtesy gesture they'd like to deliver a BLTsandwich up to Colehill .
After all we had to buy a burger and leave the burger, all to try to make a Birthday wish come true.
Come on staff,at the Fox and Hounds where's you sense of goodwill ?

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Paul C, General Manager at Fox and Hounds, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Fox & Hounds. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. I whole heartedly apologise that the birthday meal was let down. We are continually training and working towards giving better service to all of our guests, and we thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver so we can strive to improve.
“pump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Well... where do I start? I will keep it simple.

I spent approximately 30 minutes in total queing in the one half hours I spent there trying to order drinks to the two bar staff that was operating the bar on a hot saturday lunchtime during july.

But my disatifiaction is reserved for the so called 'ploughmans lunch' which I can only presume would keep a somalian farmer content as it was pityful. One thin piece of bread two little slices of cheese, and some odds and sods woefully inadequate and really poor for the sum of around £9. Definately the worst pub lunch ive ever had. I have voted with my feet.

brian fontanna has left the building

Visited July 2014
2 Thank kev b
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Fox and Hounds. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. I sincerely apologise that the food you received on your visit was not up to the high standards we are aiming for. We are continually training and working with the kitchen team to ensure that we deliver quality food and service to all of our guests. Thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver so we can strive to improve.