“A little gem”

Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Wimborne
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Very popular with locals and toursts alike - good food, relaxed atmosphere and friendly attentive staff. Quality of food and customer service are our trademark.
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

In a world of increasing globalization, uniform culture and expresso bar chains, the Cloisters is a refreshing breath of fresh air. In place of any 'off the peg' decor and copy cat furnishings is a really interesting eclectic collection of old cigarette cards, postcards, photographs, china and artefacts. I only had time for a coffee and a chocolate brownie (which was delicious and baked on the premises apparently) but I will certainly be returning to try out their lunch time menu. There was a really nice buzz to the place and the staff were very attentive and efficient. With fresh flowers on every table and sweet smelling hyacinths at the top of the stairs I really felt the owners had put a lot of thought into making the Cloisters somewhere special to visit. Oh.. and if that wasn't enough, I came out from the cafe, crossed the road, lent over the little bridge and saw some brown trout in the river and a little egret! Lovely!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank 700Marysharp

London, United Kingdom
“Gets better every time!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I've been to The Cloisters 4 or 5 times over the past couple of years. It was really busy and bustling -- we managed to get a great table by the window so we could watch the world go by.

Our lunch was fresh and filling and just what we needed. My only criticism of the menu would be its length - you don't have to serve everything to please everyone! I thought the food to be great value and the service was very friendly - smiley and attentive. The cake display looked amazing and neither of us could resist - I had an unusual Cranberry loaf (slice of!) and my husband had a Brownie. Both were thoroughly delicious! I must admit we took a piece of Victoria Sponge for later.

I fall further in love with The Cloisters - and Wimbourne - with every visit.

1 Thank Sue B
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Could be better...”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I went there with my wife for lunch, the menu had a great choice but a tad over priced although the breakfast sounded good value! I had coffee which was more like hot milk with a bit of coffee added, and not very hot either, the chips I had with my meal were excellent! There was a lot of noise from the kitchen of plates and cutlery (I assume being loaded into the dishwasher) doesn't make for a relaxing meal. When I went to pay I was made to feel I was interrupting the waitresses conversation, its a shame as this place can be so much better.

1 Thank Philly353
Bath, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My family and I always visit this delightful tearoom when on holiday! Its a very traditional place, full of locals which spells that it must be good!! And 'good' is an under statement!! Excellent staff, excellent home cooked food, clean and home from home surroundings!
Many eateries have come and gone in Wimborne but long may this one live - its full of locals which says a lot - its a place to be trusted, standards never drop and longevity in staff - please go there if in the area - you wont be disappointed !

1 Thank hands12345
Dorset, England.
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We've been to the Cloisters several times for lunch and for morning and afternoon snacks. Their teacakes are amazing, we usually share one as they're so huge. Service is efficient and friendly, food is of good quality and prices are very reasonable. Works by local artists are on the walls for sale. Although the loo is upstairs there's plenty to read on the staircase wall on the way up. A lovely place to have lunch and only a very short walk from the centre of town with it's independent shops and beautiful ancient Minster Church.

• Visited January 2012