“Excellent quality Indian food in Corfe Mullen”
Review of Taj

Taj
Ranked #25 of 113 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian and Bengali cuisine, Come and indulge in true authentic flavours which will excite and galvanise your taste buds, And leave you lusting for more.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a lovely place to eat - we are blessed that this is our local takeaway so over the years we have eaten a broad range of the dishes on offer and they have all been of excellent quality. The fish bhuna is a really tasty alternative to the chicken and prawn dishes. Eating in the restaurant can be a bit hit or miss depending on whether its busy or quiet but you always receive friendly attentive service. I have eaten over the years in Brick Lane, the CInnamon Club, and many highly rated Indian restaurants in London and The Taj still hits the mark for really tasty indian food!

3  Thank Sarah473

Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is our local Indian restaurant, and it has never failed to deliver good tasty food. The staff are always pleasant, the only thing it lacks somewhat is atmosphere, and I m not quite sure how you get that to materialise. Not the cheapest around, but you get what you pay for.

3  Thank jill190872
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is a great place to eat. I have visited probably 6 times over the past 12 months and really enjoyed every meal. Always consistent, always good. Clean place. A little on the pricey side for an indian restuarant, but I guess if you get it right you can charge for it!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I was the first person to eat at this restaurant - it opened a few years back and I made sure that I was the first in the queue and the first to order - bit sad I know - but I was the first.

Anyway - over the years I have visited the restaurant with my family and generally it has been good - although on one occassion I turned up there with my son and was seated right next to the toilet - despite the fact that we were the only people there at the time. I think that waiter has moved on - or is at least on a long-term client appreciation course.

The restaurant underwent a face lift a few years back and there was a sudden and dramatic uplift in the prices - so much so that I dont think it's value for money any more.The decor is better but the customers are paying for it in getting a much bigger bill.

This is a real shame because it's the only Indian restaurant in Corfe Mullen. The food is very good and the service is okay - but there are much better value for money places to go. Sadly we don't go to the Taj anymore - it costs too much.

Shame.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Went there last month for my birthday, was very good. Has had a great reputation that suffered a bit recently, but its back to its best