“What a shame”

Lambs Green Inn
Ranked #32 of 105 Restaurants in Wimborne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lambs' Green Inn in Corfe Mullen is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I have been going to the Lambs Green for many years. I have seen it in the good times and then stopped going for a bit when it was a complete nightmare and then back again over the last few years. I do feel like it has amazing potential, and I love the fact there is always summer and winter cocktails on the go but I am becoming concerned this pub is going down hill again.

On my last few visits, my boyfriend and I have come across issues, always different ones.

We arrived recently at a prebooked table online, our table had what looked like glasses which had come out of the dishwasher but not actually cleaned, lots of like scum marks, we werent the only ones to complain and admitidlty this was dealt with very quickly, but who would have let these go out in the first place? I ordered the chicken stuffed with cheese and maybe tomotoes, when it arrived the chicken was so overdone I could have broken bricks with it.

On my most recent visit 21 December, again our table was booked. My boyfriend often goes for the mixed grill and each time we ask if the sausage, black pudding and white pudding can be removed in replace of steaks and chicken. We are happy to pay more for this but also aware that they might not do this. One two occasions this was fine to change but on the 21st December, the waitress adivsed that she wold check. Thinking that it wouldnt be a problem, she ended up coming back and said this couldnt happen and that the meats for this dish is already pre-packed and frozen when it comes to the pub!!!!! Im not sure that really thats something you should be telling the customer.
My boyfriend then ordered the steak which was amazing. I ordered the lamb shank pie. The pastry was unedable and when I peeled it off, there was some nice pieces of lamb but the veg, esp carrots was still raw!
I was planning to go there tonight, but to be honest Im not feeling like I will be retunring any time soon. My boyfriend loves it there and whenever we are going out this is the first place he will mention. I think until things change again, we have no choice but to stay away for a bit.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

we went to this restaurant partly on recommendation for my fathers 88th birthday. what a let down, my 88 year old father ordered plaice but nowhere did it say it was un filleted. as he is blind he nearly choked on the bones. i ordered the special but was told it was off and had to quickly order something else. after searching i ordered the salmon but changed it after seeing the fish platter at £11.99, but the waitress didn't tell me this was a starter. how would you know as it wasn't under the starter section and at £11.99 you'd think it was a main. it was terrible as either a main or starter. just some pieces of squid deep fried in breadcrumbs with a few small pieces of fish done the same. the children ordered various burgers and fishcakes but the portions were so small and chips under cooked that we were left hungry and feeling conned and were all small eaters normally.i spoke to the head waiter who reduced the bill slightly but we wished we had never gone there. we normally go to the fox & hounds where portions are reasonable and the food is good quality and will never return to the lambs green, even if were half price.

2  Thank LondonRonan
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I booked a table for Christmas Day 12.15pm for 6 adults and 1 child. There was no music that i could hear no christmas atmosphere didn't feel like Christmas Day the starters were bought out about 12.20pm which was very quick as it was a pre booked menu the starters were ok but my partners scallops were cold and in a beet root coloured sauce looked horrible and tasted horrible glad I went for the soup our main meals were bought out about 1.50pm an hour and a half after are starters and they looked and tasted like a microwave meals the carrots were hard the portions were small at £49 a head was a total rip off they did give us a free round of drinks to say sorry and after asking a few times they bought out the child's meal 20 mins before ours we would of liked to of all eaten together but try telling a hungry 2 year old to wait after sitting in a high chair for one and a half hours the puddings came out about 10mins after we finished our meals and were ok but again very small portions . We only booked the lambs green as we were recommended by friends they went last Christmas and said it was amazing one of there best christmas dinners ever but we have since learnt that the management has changed since last Christmas which was a shame as we were really looking forward to a nice family Christmas dinner but seemed they took on more than they could cope with and were not very well organised. Will not be going back there any day soon

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Four of us went to The Lambs Green for dinner on a Thursday evening. It was very quiete when we got the, we arrived at about 20:10. The table didn't feel clean and was sticky. We then ordered our food, we decided to go straight for our Main's. It took well over half an hour for them to be served, and the pub was at about a quarter of its capacity, so who knows how long it would have taken had they been busy. Once the food was served it wasn't hot, it was just about warm. One of the dishes ordered was Cod & Chips, well if you could call it Cod. It was the smallest piece of Cod I think they could have found! It safe to say we won't be returning for another visit.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

At the Lambs Green. Varied menu, lovely service, beautiful pub/restaurant……really enjoyed it. Main course, puds, wine other drinks for less than £20.00 @ head. Felt special!