“A pleasant enough time”

Lambs Green Inn
Ranked #39 of 107 Restaurants in Wimborne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lambs' Green Inn in Corfe Mullen is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Went here on the cuff with work colleagues. The service was very good but the food left a bit to the imagination.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Went there today for sunday lunch fantastic value beef melted in the mouth potatoes crispy couldnt get enough pub has had a few problems in the past but hopefully turned the corner had to wait a while but it was busy so dont mind

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I always feel a sense of trepidation these days when I know I'm going to be eating in an establishment that is a part of a chain. On that score my trepidation was well founded! There were six in our party, including one child. We arrived for our booking with 10 minutes to spare. The waitress who brought our menus was very cheerful and polite. She took our drinks order as we made our food choices. We gave our order to her when our drinks arrived. Only four of us decided to have a starter, with everyone choosing a main. I ordered the mushroom foccacia for my starter and was very disappointed when it arrived around 20 minutes later. The portion was small, which for more than £5 felt like I was being ripped off. The other three in our party who had starters were happy with theirs (they all had the calamari). After waiting for our mains for 40 minutes we asked the waitress how much longer we would have to wait. She went away to check and came back to tell us it would be 5-10 minutes. She was apologetic and told us they would take the 2nd round of drinks we'd had off the bill. It was another 20 minutes before our food arrived. I had the bellied pork, half of which was tender, the other half tough. The 'crackling' was non-existent, just a thick layer of fat that looked like it had been given 30 seconds under a grill. My main came with roasted vegetables and 'baby' potatoes. 'Baby' potatoes was an exagerration as they were more 'embryonic'. Two of them (and there were only four) were the size of glass marbles. I had the cauliflower cheese as a side. What is it with pub food that they think a sprinkling of paprika adds to a dish it shouldn't be anywhere near? A bit of nutmeg over the cauliflower, perhaps. Paprika? No. Pretentious rubbish. The child in our party had the homemade beefburger. Whilst it was very tasty, it was very dry as well. The bill, even after the 2nd round of drinks was taken off it, was £102. I'm becoming more and more exasperated at the quality and cost of pub grub, particularly if the pub is part of a chain. Today added to that exasperation. I should be clear that the place appeared to be full so a delay between course is entirely understandable. But, an hour? None of us ordered dessert because we didn't want to wait another hour.The one plus is the cheerfulness of the staff and their politeness but that is let down by many other things. Oh and before I forget, two of us had to ask for cutlery to be changed as it was dirty. I won't be going back unless I'm forced to through a party invite or such-like.

2  Thank RedCorner
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Possibly the last visit we will make to the Lambs Green!
Visited this pub/restaurant a few times over the last twenty years and have always come away underwhelmed, and last night was no exception.
Restaurant was very full so goes some way to explain the very slow service but in fairness the staff were cheerful and polite.
The non-appearance of one of my fellow diners main meal was an interesting experience and one that I have not had before. The explanation was 'we have run out of haggis and wasnt told by the kitchen'. Not acceptable but the diner was given a second choice and the replacement arrived in good time but not before the other members of the group had almost finished their own meals.
The cost was removed from the bill as one would expect but still disappointing that it could happen in the first place.
The food was not impressive and in my case luke warm in part. Small portions and not budget prices, so expected better!. This seemed to be the consensus of opinion of the group so not just me.
As I said at the beginning this will probably be the last time we visit as there are better, more consistant restaurants in the area.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Went to this pub/restaurant with friends after a previous good experience. What a change. Went for classic,, steak meal with prawn cocktail starter.
Prawn cocktail was a bed of lettuce with a sprinkling of prawns served up in a ridiculous tall glass, so tall that you had to peer over the top to see what was inside.
The steak was ordered medium to well done, what was produced was black and well overdone to the point of being cremated. It looked like a steak that was previously over cooked, put to one side then reheated and then served to me. This used to be a good place to eat, not exciting food but good value for money (this place is local to me) but due to recent experiences its coming off my places to eat recommendations

1  Thank David B