“Not up to expectations”

Lambs Green Inn
Ranked #39 of 107 Restaurants in Wimborne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lambs' Green Inn in Corfe Mullen is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Sat outside with the family and a dog. Garden was dirty and full of litter so we moved to the tables at the front of the pub. Beer was good and at the right temperature. Food was reasonable except the sandwiches which were very dry but the birds enjoyed them. Food service was quite quick but the staff were not attentive. We had 3 visits to our table to deliver food but each time the waiting staff returned to the bar empty handed although our table was full of empties, In the end we cleared the table ourselves. At one point in our visit some waitresses were talking behind the bar and eating what looked like doughnuts.in front of punters waiting to be served. We walk to this pub fairly regularly but it will be a long time before we return.

2  Thank LDawsonDorset

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I very rarely eat out mid week but my husband and I wanted a romantic meal out on Valentine's Day. The special Valentine menu looked very nice at the Lambs Green and it was easy to book online, although we had to have a late booking as the earlier tables had been already filled. We arrived expecting to have a romantic dinner surrounded by other romantic minded couples and were surprised to find that we were sat near a table of twelve adults and a toddler who were celebrating a birthday. Gone was the romantic atmosphere and although we were trying to have a conversation, we couldn't hear each other. Looking at the other couples near us, it looked like they had given up trying to talk and were sitting there silently.
Normally, this wouldn't have worried me, but if an establishment are trying to get people in to celebrate a specific event, then they should concentrate on making that event as good as possible. Valentine's Night is always a cert for bringing in customers-they should have made it a couples only evening and would have still have been fully booked!
The food was OK, but nothing to write home about. My starter was meant to be hot, but as it was put on a cold plate, was luke warm. The main meal was fine but the trio of puddings to share, which I would have liked to have tried, had run out by the time we ordered.
Like other reviewers, we found the service extremely slow and after one long wait, my husband went to find out what had happened to our drinks, only to find them left sitting on the bar. In between waiting we had to listen to various hits from the 1980's (Very romantic)
The only really good thing I can say, is that the staff were very pleasent and helpful.
Will we be going back to the Lambs Green again? Not anytime soon,I think. It is a shame because the building is really nice and it could easily be a great place to eat ,if only they got their act together.

1  Thank Mel186262
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Went here on the cuff with work colleagues. The service was very good but the food left a bit to the imagination.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Went there today for sunday lunch fantastic value beef melted in the mouth potatoes crispy couldnt get enough pub has had a few problems in the past but hopefully turned the corner had to wait a while but it was busy so dont mind

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I always feel a sense of trepidation these days when I know I'm going to be eating in an establishment that is a part of a chain. On that score my trepidation was well founded! There were six in our party, including one child. We arrived for our booking with 10 minutes to spare. The waitress who brought our menus was very cheerful and polite. She took our drinks order as we made our food choices. We gave our order to her when our drinks arrived. Only four of us decided to have a starter, with everyone choosing a main. I ordered the mushroom foccacia for my starter and was very disappointed when it arrived around 20 minutes later. The portion was small, which for more than £5 felt like I was being ripped off. The other three in our party who had starters were happy with theirs (they all had the calamari). After waiting for our mains for 40 minutes we asked the waitress how much longer we would have to wait. She went away to check and came back to tell us it would be 5-10 minutes. She was apologetic and told us they would take the 2nd round of drinks we'd had off the bill. It was another 20 minutes before our food arrived. I had the bellied pork, half of which was tender, the other half tough. The 'crackling' was non-existent, just a thick layer of fat that looked like it had been given 30 seconds under a grill. My main came with roasted vegetables and 'baby' potatoes. 'Baby' potatoes was an exagerration as they were more 'embryonic'. Two of them (and there were only four) were the size of glass marbles. I had the cauliflower cheese as a side. What is it with pub food that they think a sprinkling of paprika adds to a dish it shouldn't be anywhere near? A bit of nutmeg over the cauliflower, perhaps. Paprika? No. Pretentious rubbish. The child in our party had the homemade beefburger. Whilst it was very tasty, it was very dry as well. The bill, even after the 2nd round of drinks was taken off it, was £102. I'm becoming more and more exasperated at the quality and cost of pub grub, particularly if the pub is part of a chain. Today added to that exasperation. I should be clear that the place appeared to be full so a delay between course is entirely understandable. But, an hour? None of us ordered dessert because we didn't want to wait another hour.The one plus is the cheerfulness of the staff and their politeness but that is let down by many other things. Oh and before I forget, two of us had to ask for cutlery to be changed as it was dirty. I won't be going back unless I'm forced to through a party invite or such-like.

2  Thank RedCorner