“Good atmosphere, good food”
Review of LB's Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Initially went to LBs Bistro on a Groupon offer. The food was of high quality, the staff and atmosphere were friendly and welcoming. Very impressed. While there, we noticed the Dorset Diner menu advertised, which offers 2 courses + a glass of wine for £10.00 (each), available lunch time and early evening. A limited menu is offered on this deal, but still a good selection. Again, the food was of high quality, the staff and atmosphere were friendly and welcoming. Will certainly be going back.

“Unorganised disaster”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We found a deal for LB's Bistro on the site table pouncer. The deal was 50% of the a la carte menu and few times were given to chose from and I selected 1.30pm the next. This was for our anniversary. A few hour after booking and putting a deposit down I received a phone call from Mary? (I think) from LB's Bistro informing me they don't even serve food until 4pm so I couldn't have the time I booked and that they don't do the a la carte menu in the day. She was very polite and apologetic but I thought it was very disappointing and unprofessional that I had booked it and put a deposit down only to be told they wouldn't uphold it. She then said as I had booked it they would honour the deal being selected from the a la carte menu if I would come in for 4pm when they start serving food so I agreed. It is now 7 hours later from her last phone call and she just rung back again to now say we can't have the a la carte menu until 6pm. We are busy in the evening so this is no good for us and she said she would honour it a different day but tomorrow is our anniversary so this is no help either. Now it is 7pm on Friday night and I have to try and find somewhere else for our anniversary lunch tomorrow! She blaimed the table pouncer site for not updating there times and menus and I could partly understand that but to tell me we could have the a la carte menu at 4pm them call me back 7 hours later the night before the meal and now say I can't is not table plumbers fault. We are big supporters of les bouviers restaurant but I am really disappointed with our first experience of trying LB's Bistro and after this I will not be visiting again. If they had been organised in the first place then at least I would of known the options and would of had plenty of time to make alternative arrangements. Very unprofessional and not what I expect from such an establishment.

2 Thank Loomcb
Poole, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went to LB's last night with friends and we all had a lovely evening. Great setting, lovely food and service.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A midweek get together with friends for a bite to eat turned into a truely lovely dining experience.

The bistro is modern with a relaxed type feel to it. Service was welcoming and attentive but the food was the star. The menu looked appitising enough but the quality of the food served was fitting of a very high end restaurant. The bill for four of us, starter, main meal and drinks was amazing value at £20 a head.

• Visited March 2014
“Ummm”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Although we arrived late ,after we phoned to explain , we we're meet by a little sarcasm we laughed it of ......
Starter well scallops we're gritty and chewy but well presented
Main coarse of rump steak and well coldish chips , and a chicken breast that looked like it came from KFC about an hour ago
Then coffee that was ment for another table
On production of the bill £55 ish pounds I'm asked do you need your change ......???.?
Not what I class as a professional Bistro
On the hole poor service and hurried service
A good setting