“I've never eaten here”

Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: British, Pub, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A traditional English pub, with a lively scene for all ages. We serve a delicious lunch and evening menu with food to suit all types with lots of choice for vegetarians & vegans,home made fresh pizzas, steak, linguinis and much more fro our special boards. We have a beautiful beer garden right next to Wimborne Minister, and we keep things entertaining with our Wednesday Quiz night, pool competitions & regular live music! We cant wait to see you!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“I've never eaten here”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What a lovely vibrant pub, particularly on Friday night when it is standing room only. Nice staff and good company. IMHO the best pub in the town

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Vic2rMeldrew2

Wimborne, United Kingdom
“How pubs were! A lovely hole!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I totally adore this place. This is how pubs were in my youth(a long time ago!). It serves excellent beers, hearty well cooked pub grub ( and other weird stuff on advertised days!). They have a fast turnover of staff, but they are always pleasant, and ready to loan out a pen with which to fill in the crossword. Visit this lovely old pub with low beamed ceilings, and a deeply felt sense of tradition. Wimborne has plenty of other establishments, if you want trendy, flash, overpriced or "faux". This place is traditional, honest, and, that rare thing, "ungotat".
Please, change nothing, a truly wonderful pub, warts and all!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank John H
madrid
“Carvery was good when we went”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Having read the previous review I just wanted to say that when 4 of us went on a wet friday lunch in april the carvery was really good. Maybe they have sorted out the problems (there was new management) because we were very pleased with what was on offer. And very good beer of course.

• Visited April 2013
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I haven't had much experience of the White Hart apart from it a being a big student-type drinking establishment in years gone by. However when I received a leaflet through the door advertising their Carvery, I suggested we give it a go. I'm in the bad books...

The pub is lovely itself, bar staff are very friendly, but its a proper drinking pub and that's what is should stick too.

The Carvery was terrible. We were told on ordering that there was a half hour wait, which was fine for us. However after 45 minutes we were told the chicken was ready but the pork was going to be a couple more minutes (previously the carvery on offer was lamb only?)

When shall I stop.....

3 of us had chicken, 3 had pork, 2 had nothing because the pork was still not cooked in the middle. Of the food we received it was just just about OK but the swede was hard, carrots hard, cauliflower cheese ran out after 3 people with no more etc etc etc. But because the pork wasn;t cooke properly, two people didn't actually have a meal.

Its not an expensive carvery, and normally I would say, and am happy to accept, that you get what you pay for. However not in this instance.For some of us to wait over one hour for uncooked food is not acceptable, with two of our party not actually being able to receive a meal in the space of nearly 2 hours...

We did have a round of drinks on the house, but that will not entice us back again.

It was explained that there were teething problems, but it wasn't busy. I'm perplexed as to how they got it so wrong.

Don't get me started on the toilets....

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jo M
Poole
“This isn't a gastro pub, the food's pretty rubbish. But I love it.”
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

This is probably one of the last great drinking pubs around. Not a locals bar where you feel you are intruding unless you are a regular. This place, has a great atmosphere, a mixed clientele of all ages and from all walks of life. People are friendly, so are the staff. The food is not the main event at this place and neither should it be, it is simply to stop you having to leave when you get hungry.

Don't go for the food. Go for a great night and eat if you get hungry, it's ok but don't expect miracles. At least they don't overprice the food, at many places in Wimborne you'd pay twice the amount for this sort of food.

1 Thank Derdang