“Give it a try.”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

If like myself you haven't visited the horns for some time, pop in for some breakfast or/and cake. Lovely atmosphere, fab breakfast & lovely staff. I noticed the beautiful cakes, as wanted to give a cake to a local business I asked if I could order one. No problem & the lovely Laurie delivered it as well. True service. This lady thinks outside the box to improve her business. Lovely to have our local back.

1  Thank Margaret M
LoriWatts, Owner at The Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure and they thought the cake was soooooo good they came in a few days later for breakfast - win win :) Hope to see you soon, thanks again and best wishes.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went for a family lunch last weekend, we received a lovely warm welcome from the manager and staff, it was very comfortable and there was a relaxing atmosphere with a lovely wood burning fire. The freshly cooked food was delicious! I had the Horns burger which is especially tasty and the kids found it tricky to choose which of the chef's delicious cakes to have for pudding as they all looked so good! We will defiantly be retuning to the Cherry Rose Cafe! i would highly recommend!

1  Thank PJames525
LoriWatts, Owner at The Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much - we enjoyed having you and the kids here! They are a credit to you, I'm just sorry we sent you home with them on a bit of a sugar high!? Next time the weather might be better and they can let of a bit of steam in the garden! Best wishes Lori & Team xx

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a really nice place to come for breakfast, lunch or just tea and their gorgeous home made cakes. The staff are really warm and welcoming and made me feel at home as I was eating on my own. The food has a slight twist on your usual café menu and is definitely not boring. I had a latte and BLT sandwich which was lovely and really filling. It's a really lovely atmosphere and will be going back with friends for the 'Fish' night this Friday. Thank you - especially to the lovely waitress Elaine who was very helpful and friendly!

LoriWatts, Manager at The Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you - you slapped a huge smile on Elaine when she read this morning and we all appreciate you kind comments. And thank you for personally telling me how much you enjoyed fish night - the band were fab! See you soon! Lori & Team x

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Popped in the Horns today for a lovely breakfast and it was! Sat by a warm fire and served by a friendly waitress. Atmosphere was welcoming and the chefs home made cakes were very tempting,I finished off with apple cake warmed with clotted cream and toffee sauce. Will definately be back. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for your support, we hope to being seeing you a regular basis then! Best wishes Lori & Team xx

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stopped in after we had failed to find disabled parking near to the downtown Tea places.
It was almost closing time of the Cherry Rose Cafe; the Manager quickly offered warm drinks and home-made sandwiches.
I opted for coffee and the locally made Apple-cake. Excellent cooking.
Friend went for fresh crab and lemon mayo sandwich. Delightful combination.
We put it in as a POI in our GPS. (Our seal of approval!.)

2  Thank ONLY2B
LoriWatts, Owner at The Horns Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Mr America it was lovely to meet you and your lovely lady friend the other day. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully next time you're in the UK you'll stay in Wimborne for a few days and we'll get to see you a bit more. Safe journey home and thank you for taking the time during your trip to post such kind words and nice review of the Cherry Rose café @ the horns inn - you'll have to come back and see the refit!? best wishes Lori & team xx