“Smallest cafe ever”

Millstream Bistro
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in an idyllic location, surrounded by majestic trees and a tranquil riverside setting, The Millstream Bistro is well worth a visit. Each day there is a Specials Board offering a fine selection of affordable gourmet dishes. There is always a good choice for vegetarians, and we strive to provide for people with special dietary requirements. The Millstream Bistro is also available to hire for all those special occasions, with bespoke menus available. A variety of teas, coffees and soft drinks are always available. The Bistro is also fully licensed, offering wines, beers and Purbeck Cider.
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Smallest cafe ever”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

It was a wet day so we eat inside its very tiny, I can see in the summer it's got a lovey view of the river & has ample tables outside but with my 6"2 broad man it was a bit small so we'll try in on a nice sunny day nice home cooked food very cheap

Visited October 2012

Wimborne, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

On Sunday 17th February we celebrated my Mums 85th birthday.A day never to be forgotten,made special by Marc & his staff. I visited the Bistro Xmas Eve to see if it was possible to have a get together there.I met Marc a couple of times to discuss the food etc,nothing was too much trouble.The buffet was amazing,the service ,the setting,all added to our special day.
I It would be tempting to keep this lovely Bistro a secret,but that would be selfish of me.So please pay a visit,if you want a beautiful setting for any special occasion,this has to be top of the list.
Karen

• Visited February 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Best textured cake Ive ever tasted, and Im a cake baker myself!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

What a lovely discovery on a beautiful snow covered Winters day. I hadnt visited this Mill for about 20 years, when it was in its infancy as a visitor centre. Having moved from one side of the country to the other 6 months ago, I am enjoying re-visiting places which, when you are older, you view in a totally different way, and on the whole, appreciate what they have to offer wholeheartedly.

And this one is going to become a regular haunt based upon this beautiful Carrot Cake I sampled yesterday! I hope the chef wont take this wrong, but this cake in the display looked like a slightly collapsed crumbly sponge cake, it had the most gorgeous looking top and texture to it. And on tasting, it was as moist and delicious as it looked with a light confectioners type cream inside but not of the tasteless sickly variety. The whole thing was delicate in flavour and amazing texture!!!
Whilst I was ordering at the counter, I saw the chef putting the finishing touches to a dish, that turned out only to be sausage and mash, but it was liking watching a chef on one of the professional tv chef programmes preparing his dish to go out. I was intrigued as to what it was and it came out as bangers on mash. If that tasted as good as the cake, I look forward to sampling other things on the menu. For a tearooms/cafe, the menu is like a carefully chosen bistro menu. I think I noted moules on offer?
The design of the seating/eating area is pleasant, light and fresh with views out over the millstream, looking particularly lovely covered in snow. And the toilets adjacent in the annex were heated beautifully.
It might sound as though Im going over the top, but I had a lovely day wandering round Wimborne in the snow and by the time I got to the tearooms, the sun was shining through.
My day even got better later in the day, but thats another story......

I hope other "travellers" have as lovely an experience as I had here. Oh, and the great thing is that currently, you pay for your parking, but you get up to 60p back when you use the tearoom, and its 50p an hours parking!

• Visited January 2013