“We should have asked for a BOWL of soup!”
Review of Millstream Bistro

Millstream Bistro
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in an idyllic location, surrounded by majestic trees and a tranquil riverside setting, The Millstream Bistro is well worth a visit. Each day there is a Specials Board offering a fine selection of affordable gourmet dishes. There is always a good choice for vegetarians, and we strive to provide for people with special dietary requirements. The Millstream Bistro is also available to hire for all those special occasions, with bespoke menus available. A variety of teas, coffees and soft drinks are always available. The Bistro is also fully licensed, offering wines, beers and Purbeck Cider.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our soup was served in a loaf of bread! We should have sent it back but it was embarrassing because our guests had paid for the meal. The liquid from the soup had run in to the bread and we were left with purée of carrots, sitting in a soggy 'pudding' of bread. The only bit worth eating was the top crust. The rest of the loaf was wasted. Other people's meals looked good but this experiment on behalf of the kitchen was unpalatable and a wicked waste of a loaf of bread.

9  Thank viv_burgess
MDavis1271, Owner at Millstream Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your comment, I can assure you we take any comment good or bad very seriously.
I take your criticism on board, I wish you would spoken to one of my staff to correct the problem,instead of giving us negative feedback which could easily of been corrected. This is my style of food,to which I'm proud of. I am afraid we are in an industry that what is good for one! Is not necessarily good for another. I do know that if I was lunching with good friends? I certainly would not of wasted their money if I wasn't completely happy.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excellent food, excellent service , very good value. The only hitch was the temperature which could have been warmer on our visit in March 2014.

1  Thank teacherAnn1704
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A good cup of coffee and a lovely slice of cake and friendly service made our return visit to The Millstream Cafe a much happier occasion than the last one! And we shall return perhaps for lunch as the menu was very tempting.

1  Thank Wryrabbit
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Located next to a craft centre which is in the old mill building, the Cafe looks like it could be very popular during the Summer. The selection on the menu is just right, ranging from tea and cakes through good sandwich type offerings (focaccia and panini) to meals such as wing of skate.I had pork and stilton pie which comes warm with onion marmalade, leaves and a portion of mixed deli items which "works well".Wine and beer is available.Clean, tidy and the staff are very pleasant.Well worth a diversion for.

1  Thank tjohnd
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Thank you again Marc and staff for the lovely lunch on Sunday, you managed to serve over twenty people in an instant, nothing was missed in the service, the roast beef was beautiful, the yorkshires got ten out of ten, the vegetables had a crunch. A superb selection of desserts were on the menu, enjoyed by all. My family have already asked me to arrange another get together in the spring.