“Evening BBQ”

Millstream Bistro
Ranked #8 of 104 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in an idyllic location, surrounded by majestic trees and a tranquil riverside setting, The Millstream Bistro is well worth a visit. Each day there is a Specials Board offering a fine selection of affordable gourmet dishes. There is always a good choice for vegetarians, and we strive to provide for people with special dietary requirements. The Millstream Bistro is also available to hire for all those special occasions, with bespoke menus available. A variety of teas, coffees and soft drinks are always available. The Bistro is also fully licensed, offering wines, beers and Purbeck Cider.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely setting, friendly staff who couldn't do enough to help and lovely food freshly prepared on BBQ while we waited. Will definitely be returning

1  Thank Nicky L

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Took my mum for lunch.
The staff were charming and attentive, my garlic prawns and salad superb, my mums' chips perfect; but her pie...
You can't, as far as I know, burn a pie in a microwave.
So it must have been burnt, and I mean well and truly charred, before it went in there, turning already burnt pastry into something resembling cardboard, rendering it doubly indigestible.
It was then drowned in gravy, presumably in an effort to disguise the embers or perhaps to put out the flames!
I heard one of the girls explaining to another customer (who was complaining about the lack of gravy-presumably it was all on my mums' plate!) that the usual chef wasn't there today.
We told the girl about the burnt pie but there was no reduction in the bill, I expect she didn't feel she had the authority to offer one, so I felt unable to leave a tip.
A shame, everything else was great.

2  Thank IrishJim_11
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with the quality of the cream tea! Visited following the review on trip advisor "Wow, the best cream tea in Dorset!" Ordered a cream tea with tea for two. The pot of tea arrived and there was only just enough tea for one small cup each. Would have hoped for a larger pot and a second pot of hot water so that we could have topped the pot up. The tea had already been finished when the scones arrived.

One of the two scones crumbled into many pieces when cut in half and would have been impossible to butter and eat. This was returned and a replacement was provided. The scone was very dry.

A slice of cake also came with the cream tea, I chose the coffee and walnut which was delicious.

The setting wasnt particularly beautiful out the front of the cafe. It was ok but nothing special.

Overall I was very disappointed when comparing this cream tea with others I have experienced. Sadly disappointed!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked an evening BBQ party for 75 people on the recommendation of someone who had had afternoon tea here. Great decision! From the start of planning to the end of the evening the staff were so helpful, the food was delicious and the setting informal and intimate. I will definitely revisit and be passing details of this hidden gem to anyone that I hear of who wants to hire a private venue.

1  Thank JenniPFS
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Found this place after a river walk from the centre of Winborne Minster. The staff are very pleasant. The cafe and outdoor areas are keep very clean in a perfect setting. Wow the cream teas are to die for. Good menu and very good food. Only one downside no free WiFi.

1  Thank kevb47