“Very pleasant atmosphere”

The Minster Arms
Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Newly re-opened by new owners and with new manager and chefs. Traditional pub with an exceptional range of drinks to compliment a varied and inspiring menu. Dogs permitted in bar and courtyard area. Child-friendly. Open from 10am for breakfast. Serving light lunches and dinner.
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

This restaurant, which will have rooms early in 2013, has only just opened following the closure of Indi's. The decor of Indi's has been maintained but the furniture is more classic and homely, rather than modern and chic.
The staff were very pleasant, there was a roaring fire on what was a very cold night so that was really nice and the food was absolutely perfect. I had goats cheese tart for starter, which was not what I expected. It was a round of light puff pastry with goats cheese, beetroot salad and leaves and was really nice and light. My husband had a large crab claw which was the special. We then went on to have the whole plaice, melted in your mouth and belly of pork which apparently just fell apart. By now we were rather full so we shared a sweet of bramley apple polenta with clotted cream and I had a cappacino which was very nice coffee indeed, I am not normally a great coffee drinker and often find that when I round off the meal with a coffee I am disappointed with it but not this time. My husband drank draught beer and I had house white wine - again very nice.
The cost was under £70 for everything which I thought was extremely reasonable and we were asked for our opinion on what we thought of the restaurant and meal. The only comment we would make is that the windows need blinds up at them and we passed this on to the restaurant manageress.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Judi90

Poole, United Kingdom
“A different approach in a familiar location”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Originally the Pudding and Pye this prominent pub premises became Indi's briefly - for only a few weeks. Now it has morphed into the Rock Restaurant, bar and rooms. The interior has been appropriately softened from the very harsh snowy white theme of the previous brand. The menu has a number of reasonable alternatives although lunch is somewhat expensive. The smoked salmon starter was all we needed and the portion was generous along with the tasty toast (not pictured). We are much more likely to return to the location now and once rooms - much needed in Wimborne - this will become a buzzy location. Apparently Rocks are going to appear in nearby Westbourne and Sandbanks which is good news.

• Visited October 2012