“Excellent service, food and drink”
Review of The Minster Arms

The Minster Arms
Ranked #18 of 105 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Newly re-opened by new owners and with new manager and chefs. Traditional pub with an exceptional range of drinks to compliment a varied and inspiring menu. Dogs permitted in bar and courtyard area. Child-friendly. Open from 10am for breakfast. Serving light lunches and dinner.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We went on a Friday night at 7pm. Taken straight to our reserved table. Staff were attentive and very helpful but not overbearing. The food was of a very high standard and all served hot and at the same time. The food was very high quality and very good for the price. We will recommend and return,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday with a family Sunday lunch for 20 people. The service we received both before we arrived and during the meal was excellent. The manager emailed a set menu to me so that everyone could choose what they wanted before we arrived. We were put in a room just off from the main restaurant which we had all to ourselves. I would like to thank the Minster Arms for providing such a lovely venue, good food and excellent service.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was lovely, warm and welcoming, quite intimate for a couple. However the menu is limited and the food on the plate looked great but tasteless. I had pheasant - dish of the day, it was cold and lacked substance, my husbands steak was great, cooked as he liked it and full of flavour, a few chips and one mushroom.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went to this restaurant/pub for a quick bite to eat prior to going to another pub. This was our first visit and we were not expecting it to be quite so busy on a Friday night in January. We had a short wait for our reserved table but this was not a problem as we seated ourselves in cofy sofas next to lovely log fire and had a drink. We only ordered mains from the 2 for £10 selection and waited. After about half hour the waitress came and apologised for the wait and we ordered more drinks. There happened to be a band playing that night who were not bad so we had some distraction. When the food arrived another 15 mins later, piping hot and fresh it had definitely been worth the wait. The portions were good even though it was the 'cheap' menu, unlike some places.
After we had finished our meal another lady came over and thanked us for waiting patiently, apologised again and offered us dessert or liqueur coffees 'on the house'! This was a lovely gesture which would have been rude to decline so we had delicious puddings before paying the bill and departing.
The atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxed and friendly, the decor country hunting lodge style. The staff were polite and welcoming, the food excellent, the drinks are a bit pricey but no more than you would expect for this type of establishment. I think a return visit is possible.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I went for Sunday lunch before Christmas which was amazing! the meat was perfect (OK the Yorkshires were chewy but everything else was stunning). Excited to return I headed over raving about the Sunday dinner only to be genuinely disappointed, it wasn't even close to the previous standard. I would put it down to a one off but from my previous experience there it just seems like everything is really hit and miss. The 2 for ten offer was great the first time I went and awful the following two times, but hey, you get what you pay for. Don't think I'd risk promoting it to friends/family again simply because the food quality is so inconsistent.

1  Thank CuriousKitten73