“Closed”

Ranked #21 of 105 Restaurants in Wimborne
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Newly re-opened by new owners and with new manager and chefs. Traditional pub with an exceptional range of drinks to compliment a varied and inspiring menu. Dogs permitted in bar and courtyard area. Child-friendly. Open from 10am for breakfast. Serving light lunches and dinner.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

According to an email sent me by the then-owners/managers, this restaurant (trading as The Minster Arms) closed in March. Apparently they hope to relocate to other premises in Wimborne

2  Thank LSWR

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had problems finding the gastro pub, which is now called the Rock - Wimbourne.
Parking across the road from the pub. Good atmosphere, good simple pub food.
Log fire and comfortable chairs - and the dog was allowed in too.
Great place to stop for lunch on the way to the South West, lovely old town with several nice looking pubs, not far off the main road.
Shame they do not have any rooms.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I tried this restaurant with 2 friends and 2 of us had the meal deal. The decor was great as was the ambiance and service. However, although I really enjoyed my meal which was very good value, my 2 friends were not impressed with theirs. One the risotto was swimming in liquid and lacking on the mushrooms it was supposed to contain, whilst my other friend found her meal rather bland and dry though it was a standard a la carte meal. I would definitely go again for the fish and chips. My friends not so.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We were a lunch party of 8 having our annual Christmas lunch during a busy period. The food was fantastic. We all chose to eat off the main menu. The sausages were the best ever, the fish n chips excellent & the cheese souffle to die for. Portions were very good size too. I don't know how they serve such quality food at such low prices - 2 mains for £10. Will definitely be back before next Christmas.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I went here to have my birthday meal, it was very nice and the food was great!! I would definitely go back again!