“Go go go!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited here with my mother in law a few days ago and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! From the moment we walked in the staff were friendly and stayed open for us and another couple who came in to have tea and cakes which they obviously didn't have to do. I had a pot of tea with a scone and jam and my mother in law had carrot and walnut cake and a latte and it came to something around £8.50 which I thought was really excellent. The cake was delicious! The place is really lovely inside with a nice old vintage theme to it. Could go here every day!

2  Thank AlisonCD

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great little place to stop for tea and cake. The downstairs is small but there are additional seats upstairs. Good selection of cake and lunch menu looked very nice. Gorgeous location just opposite the church. Try and get the table in the window to watch the world go by!

1  Thank Natalie G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

4 of us all locals went there yesterday evening. We have been to No9 regularly and hoped that this would be on a par. Unfortunately we were disappointed. While the Tapas was ok it was nothing spectacular and the whole meal was quite dry lacking any sauces used in any volume. The place itself is quaint and made a transition from the small tea shop it once was and was reasonably busy as they only serve for a couple of hours on Friday and Saturday evenings. The staff while pleasant were very inexperienced and failed to notice the little things like serving spoons for some of the dishes and not spotting that we were ready to leave and wanted the bill. Prices were quite steep for what we had. Disappointing as the No9 restaurant itself near the theatre is excellent and well worth a visit but unfortunately this was nowhere near the same standard.

3  Thank Frank P
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The appeal of No. 9 lies in it's old world charm and quintessential British'ness.
We love the location for a Saturday morning coffee, the hard part is deciding what to have with it; a fabulous croissant a warmed cheese scone or sausage roll. If you've missed breakfast maybe the indulgent scrambled egg with smoked salmon. The service is always charming very polite and comes with an obligatory smile. The only down side is that it is small and if you want to sit down stairs you can easily be unable to find a table.
After coffee you must take home some of the Crichel bakery speciality breads they are very moreish but do sell out very quickly.
This is always our No. 1 choice for a coffee in Wimborne.

1  Thank 3322MJS
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the chance to try this cafe out on a sunny day in Wimborne.

The cafe is in two halves, turn left and you are in a bakery style shop with a counter, turn right and you are in a rather cramped cafe area.

I was completely unsure as to order from the shop, or sit and wait in the cafe. I opted for the latter which proved to be correct. However, I was certainly not the only customer who did this and almost every customer went through this confusing process.

Eventually a waitress asked for our order - tea and cake. It is always nice to see the cake first, so a trip out to the other side was taken - as the cafe serves things from the shop! Its a bit of a mess really.

The staff are slow, but the food appears to be of quality and everyone seemed relatively happy with their choices around us.

To pay, you go into the shop!

A rather odd thing, is that in the small ground floor cafe area, there is an open doorway that leads to behind the counter of the shop next door. I counted at least half a dozen customers who wandered into this area by accident (looking for more seating/ toilets) and who had to be told to leave.

It is quite bizarre!

I believe there is an upstairs seating area, assessable (or rather not at all accessible) via some very steep/ narrow steps.

For a quick visit for tea and cake, it was expensive(ish) but ok and I would go back.

Try not to visit it at peak times.

3  Thank 0w1