“Delightful!”

Ranked #17 of 102 Restaurants in Wimborne
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We, (hubby and I) have eaten here many times. Always a lovely welcoming smile from the French owner and lovely, tasty, well presented food.
My girlfriends love this place too. Its a favourite watering hole when we drop in, exhausted from all the shopping, for lunch and a rest!
I love the homemade soups. The quiches are terrific, Croque Monsieur is fabulous, pate and salads are wonderful...but the best bit is that the prices are so reasonable. I think we have had something different every time we have eaten there. We keep coming back for more so they are definitely doing something right!

1  Thank BellaWimborne
There are newer reviews for La Vie En Rose

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is a spacious cafe on one of Wimborne's main streets The owner is French and his French wife cooks much of the food. Staff are superb. The café menu is extensive; try one of the quiches which are to die for. Both French and English breakfast are served all day. The café is open all day but closed on Sundays

1  Thank Judith W
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Met friends for lunch last week, booked a table on line, and were welcomed by the owner. We really enjoyed our meal, lovely crepes and croque monsieur. Only a very small criticism, more a suggestion really, a glass of red would have gone down well, maybe a licence?. A very friendly unusual place in the eating capital of Dorset!

2  Thank ruby402011
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Normally very good. Service good, food good too. But if you like a cup of tea to look less insipid either ask for the teapot to be half filled with water or take your own tea bags! I asked for an extra tea bag (no extra milk or water.....so only an extra tea bag) and was charged an extra 50pence for it!!!! This wasn't even a special tea....it was triangular shaped one (we know which brand this is), so why was it soooooooo expensive? I was so shocked to be told this and the lady who brought the tea bag to me gave no indication that I would be charged or this.

No tip this time from me this time.

Such a shame and this spoils a nice cafe. It seems silly to get something so simple so wrong.

2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped in on Saturday morning for something to eat, the place was buzzing and we grabbed the last free table. The menu is excellent with a great range, so much so i will definitely be returning to try something else. I had Croque Monsieur which was the best i've had before and my wife had Eggs Benedict which she loved, all washed down with two well prepared coffees. Highly recommend to anyone wanting something different for breakfast away from the typical full english.

1  Thank Rob B