All reviewsheld our weddingevening buffetwalk in wardrobewedding venuebirthday partywedding receptionwedding breakfasthuge bedmonsoon suitewedding packagedance floorhull areafantastic hotelcontinental breakfastexcellent value for moneyfull englishlovely room
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a night in October. We had heard good reviews and in fairness, given the cheapness of the hotel, it had good quality rooms and the welcome was excellent. However, this really was the best part of the stay.

Having gone down to the bar for a few drinks, we'd been sitting on the sofas for a while, which became uncomfortable. When we asked if we could sit at a table, we were at first told no because they were setting up for dinner, and then begrudgingly told yes. Seems odd that dinner guests would seem to be more important to the hotel than overnight guests.

And then it came to the staying overnight part.. We had been forewarned of a wedding taking place - however, this was only AFTER we had booked - and were assured we would be given a quiet room. Instead, we had the DJ and music blaring at full volume until 1.00 a.m. as well as being forced to have the window shut because of the smoking area placed just beneath our window. When we tried to call reception to complain, the lady on the phone informed us that we shouldn't have been in those rooms as they weren't the quiet ones and offered us a free glass of wine. Not particularly helpful when all we wanted to do was get to sleep. And when we finally did, it was to be woken by drunks stumbling and shouting outside the door. Lovely.

Still what was most annoying was the total lack of apology the morning after - and to make it clear - we did not want money off the bill given that we had spent the night in the room. But to receive no apology whatsoever, or even any acknowledgment of the issue is appalling customer service. Whilst the hotel itself is decent enough, caveat emptor. Ask specifically whether they are hosting a wedding (sometimes they have two at the same time) before booking. If they say yes, DO NOT BOOK - you'd get more sleep at Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BeeBee0
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A business trip saw me at Lazaat Hotel on a quiet Sunday booked on Booking.com earlier in the afternoon. The reviews were good so I didn't hesitate. Located near to Beverley where I had a meeting the next morning and up a quiet country the car park was deserted when I arrived at 8pm but a friendly receptionist checked me in and I booked continental breakfast which was to be delivered to my room the next morning. I was in an executive room on the first floor, Room 1. When I arrived at the room the door was propped open with a chair and when I entered there was an unmistakable smell of stale sweat. I opened the window to freshen things up and since I was late for a dinner appointment elsewhere I dumped my bags and left. I noticed at that point that there was no way of locking the door from the inside - very unusual and not very reassuring. When I arrived back later the smell had largely disappeared. The room was fine with a big walk in shower but the shaving mirror was broken and hanging off the wall. The bed however was something else. The mattress was past its with the springs uncomfortably close to the surface. I had an early start so I didn't complain. Things got worse when at 1am I was woken by the sound of someone dragging chairs across the floor on the ground floor. After an unsettled night, breakfast was duly delivered to my room when I was told there had been a power cut during the night and so there were no croissants available, there was no bread or toast either but they still served me a glass tumbler with jam in it together with a bowl of cereal with no milk. I checked out without hesitation and made comment on my dissatisfaction. No constructive response was forthcoming, more of a shrug of the shoulders. I made a mental note never to go back. I advise you to avoid the place like the plague.

Room Tip: Check your room before you agree to stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Fergus_McKenzie
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I spent our first night of married life here. The room itself, whilst a little warm, was lovely. The room was large and the bed very comfortable, apart from the very thin pillows that did not really support my neck. The en-suite was also large with a walk in shower. There was a distinct lack of 'hot' water in the morning, so it was unfortunately a luke-warm shower.

The breakfast was a disappointment. I ordered poached eggs on toast, however I had to do the toast myself (which was cold when I eventually got the eggs), and the poached eggs were served effectively hard boiled with a distinct taste of vinegar. My wife ordered the Lazaat breakfast, which was not as described on the menu when she received it, which was also a disappointment. Overall the hotel is lovely, however it is unlikely that we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked Lazaats for a family event of about 40 people. The main reason for choosing here was the food. We opted for the hot buffet and it was lovely. We picked one of our favourite dishes from the restaurant and that went down the best.

The room was ideal for what we wanted and nice outdoor area with tables and chairs (private for us). It would be good if they could fence this area off so that it was a bit safer to the carpark/road but this didn't cause a problem.

I have attended many private and work functions here and the food is always lovely. It is also very good that so many of the options are gluten free.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We held our full wedding at lazaat in august in the monsoon suite, we booked it on the day they held a wedding fare and got some great discounts,
The staff are all very friendly and helpful (APART FROM ONE VERY RUDE CLEANER) and catered for our every need. The lady who ran the monsoon suite that day really went out of her way to make sure everything ran well for us , we had a major panic as our guitarist didnt turn up but the lady rushed around at the last minuet to find some music to our taste which went down really well with our guests
We Where Invited for a wedding taster evening which was a great idea as it gave us chance to sample a few different ideas and helped make our mind up..
For the food,we chose leek & pot soup, roast beef for main and the best brandy snap baskets we had ever tasted for desert.
Everyone has said that lazaat was a great place and was one of the best weddings they had ever been to
WE WOULD RECOMMEND LAZAAT TO EVERYONE AS IT WAS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR OUR PERFECT DAY.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family