“Well worth a visit if you in area”
Review of Lazaat

Lazaat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cottingham
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I only stayed for one night following a Christmas party. I was disappointed with the service for the party night but they were very busy.

I booked a room which was absolutely lovely, I could not spend enough time in it as I had to be away early the following morning for work. The room had an Arabic feel to it and had all the little extras usually only found in much more expensive rooms.

Room Tip: my room was on the first floor and did not have a view which did not matter as it was dark when I ar...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 January 2014

When I booked this hotel I had no prior knowledge of its facilities or anything about the hotel, well our stay was fantastic, the rooms are so spacious and have every thing you would need. I would have expected to pay a lot more, and the service we received from all of the staff from arriving, bar staff, breakfast and on leaving was second to none. The weekend breakfast is worth mentioning as this again did not let us down and filled us up for the journey back to Scotland.
As we have family in the North and south of the Humber Bridge we will be booking again, an excellent weekend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed 2 January 2014

On a recent visit to the Lazaat I was very pleasantly surprised, and delighted with the accommodation and the service. The food was excellent, the decor was stunning, and the room we had was more like a suite it was so large. It had a morrocan feel to it, and immediatly you felt like you wanted to relax in such sumptuous surroundings. I will certainly book to stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it. It is convenient to drive into Hull, and excellent for access to main roads leading to the motorwary. It is suitable for couples, business or solo travellers.

Room Tip: The doors to the rooms are heavy so we heard no noise at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

What a little gem! I did get a bit worried driving down what seemed like a dark dead end lane but not disappointed when I arrived. Room absolutely lovely, loads of space, Moroccan themed with a big double bed, gorgeous wet room shower, and things that you would normally only find in £100+ hotels like fruit and a mini bar. Restaurant lovely too, as were the staff - friendly and helpful without being over the top. Still can't believe it was £55 B&B!

Room Tip: Room 1 comes highly recommended
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Lazaat charged us £80 for dinner bed and breakfast. Need I say more. The food and service was excellent and this is a great place to stay when one visits the northern city of culture and home of Hull Tigers, hull tigers, its Hull City AFC. City till I die, not tiger till I catch and eat a gazelle. Anyhow, I rant, Lazaat, the ground floor wet room was a bit of a let down but overall great value and we will be back!

Room Tip: The ground floor room bathroom was a bit tired and the wet room was not very good as it was wet all...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joselecroc_11
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is a lovely hotel and we spent one night here after a bb owner booked it for us due to a situation where other people needing the room and owner wanted their custom.
He said it was not far from Beverley but it is. its also down a very dark unlit road so was not able to go out on night without the car.
Although this was inconvenient, we had a lovely evening .The room was spacious with a very good size bathroom with power shower . it serves a good selection of indian food but we had already booked a restaurant in Beverley.
Bed was very comfortable and the hotel was clean but of an eastern theme.
breakfast is continental unless on a weekend.

Room Tip: room 10 very good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juney25
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We held our wedding service and reception here in October 2012 in the Monsoon suite, the staff were great very helpful and friendly, Everything was well organized and the day ran smoothly. The Monsoon suite itself was great exactly what we wanted and we were very impressed with the final product, all our guests commented on how much they loved the room and the food was great, very large portions. We then stayed in October 2013 on the night of our First Wedding Anniversary, again we had a great experience, one downfall was the bed wasn't double it was two singles pushed together, but it didn't bother us too much. Had nothing but great service and everything is to a high service, would recommend Lazaats to anyone who wants to hold there wedding there, or wants to eat there, or stay in one of their rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottingham
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Innkeepers Lodge Hull, Willerby
Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel

Been to Lazaat? Share your experiences!