“Tapas menu is excellent”

Ellie Mai's Tea Room
Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Cottingham
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times and it never fails to deliver quality food. The tapas is delicious and the hosts are very attentive. A great location in the village of Cottingham with plenty of parking. I can also recommend the tearoom for cakes and blended teas served in proper tea cups, afternoon teas and high teas are a delight!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Been to Ellie Mai's Tea Room this afternoon for the third time. Really nice meeting place within The Duke of Cumberland Public House. Ten of us once again dined from the tea room menu or the bar meal menu which was optional. Very nice food served to us by very nice staff who made us feel welcome.At the end of the afternoon we were allowed to pay our separate bills instead of having it all charged on one big bill.Very Helpful. We have already made our next booking which we are all looking forward to. Thank You Ellie Mai.

2  Thank tonynan176
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having noticed it in passing a few weeks before I thought i'd give it a look. I like Tea Rooms and always like something new. It is quirky and stylish and has clearly has a lot of thought put into it. The kids had minted hot chocolates and these were very well presented, my flat white was nice but nothing special...not strong enough and the milk not firm enough but hey ! flat whites not an easy thing to do....I can't make them. The Menu seemed basic and didn't excite me but it will suit a lot of other people - the cake display on the main counter did...the cakes looked delicious.
It has a lot of potential and I think it lies in having a quirkier day menu...It has an evening side to it too I was told. A bistro and that menu looked very inviting. I may well go back and try that sometime.
I will be using the Tea Room again. The staff were lovely and helpful and overall I left feeling like I had been some where that not enough people know about...but I bet I'm wrong.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The idea is excellent and the room is very pleasant, but the food is very average, and not worthy of being called a Tea Room

1  Thank tonyscarr
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

What a brilliant idea! Tea room by day bistro by night! We enjoyed an evening meal here the portions are very generous and so well priced, shame we didn't have room for some of the beautiful looking desserts.
The staff are warm and friendly with a lovely ethos behind the whole thing.