The view from our window faced the beach and we watched Cormorants diving for fish. The restaurant was excellent. Good food and service. We went to the haunted part of the castle and heard strange tappings in the room where Isabella Shaw was imprisoned by her husband. The flower garden behind the hotel was awesome also. Would love to go back again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland