My fiance and I had stopped off at Ballygally Castle for coffee while on a day out on the Coast Road and thought that it was pretty enough and perhaps somewhere to have a look at in the future. When it came to my fiances birthday we thought that it was a good opportunity to pay another visit. The first thing that you notice on arriving is the castle itself, although in the grand scheme of things it is a small castle, it looks great and well cared for. The modern extension to the structure that houses the hotel blends in well and is sympathetic to the appearence. Inside the hotel is modern and really nicely furnished. The most striking thing, and something that would occur to us again and again during our stay were staff from the moment that you check in, through dining at dinner and breakfast and sitting in the lounge the folk who work here are really warm and friendly in a genuine way that does not seem forced which made our stay extra special. Our room was on the first floor, apparently part of a newly refurbished part of the hotel and I was more than happy with the furnishings. The sea view was worth the trip alone. I really enjoyed our stay here. The restaurant was lovely, we ate there two nights running and the breakfasts were enough to make me get up on time for- a buffet of as much or as little as you want which was enough to last me all day. Bottom line- This is a great hotel, with beautiful surroundings, fantastic folk looking after you, and great food. I hope to return again before too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland