“Fab Ballygally!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballygally
Belfast
“Fab Ballygally!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel, Visited recently after the refurbishment and they have done a great job with the building keeping the old charm about the place. We stayed in one of the coastal deluxe rooms and felt like royalty! The staff have not changed there charm, from Scott greeting us at the door to Norma in the Restaurant we can't wait to book our next get away to the fab Ballygally! Scott and the team keep up the good work!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I recently returned to the newly refurbished Ballygally Castle Hotel for 2 nights and both myself and my partner loved it, the apperance of the hotel, the staff, the food & bedrooms all perfect however the only tiny moan i have is the wine isnt on the cheaper side :( but everything else perfect. I have always been a fan of the hotel as the staff are always so friendly. Lisa & Norma always go out of their way to make our stays perfect :) keep up the good work :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and absolutely loved it! The new coastal rooms are buetiful with an amazing view. Food at the hotel was great and the staff were all very pleasent and helpful. I will definitely be back. Great place for a relaxed weekend away.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

pleasantly surprised -- the place has recently been done up -- looked great inside and out and a super comfortable pillow top bed and feather pillows. staff were very helpful and the grounds are well kept. food was a bit pricey and standard fare.

Room Tip: get a sea view or ask for the ghost tour
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Ballymena, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Called at the restaurant after being at the tulip festival , appeared quite busy ( May be just as a result of limited parking) went to reception and enquired about availability of food being served all day. Directed to the buffet lunch , wasn't offered any alternative or price etc. Very pleasantly served table ready quite quickly and buffet directions given, bear in mind it was 3.40 pm so buffet tailing off. Little meat left but enough, got tail end of potatoes and vegetables , starters limited , puddings looked ok. At no point did I suspect it would be expensive!!! Had I known the price at this stage I would most certainly have complained as it was just ok and luke warm. Went to pay.... X3 buffet lunches x1 small white wine, x1 white wine spritzer and a Fanta orange was £97.70 OMG it was NOT worth this, after all this was a quick Sunday Lunch for my friend and my mother, I did suggest it was expensive for a buffet lunch and was told " well I will take that comment on the chin, yes we have put our prices up", I would not recommend at these prices unfortunately it was ONLY a BUFFET not a freshly cooked meal........ Should have called in up the road, less attractive surroundings but better food much more sensibly priced SORRY I rarely complain but felt I had to this time

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Caroline F
Stephen P, General Manager at Ballygally Castle, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Caroline F,

We have digested your comments and taken the appropriate actions to prevent this occurrence from being repeated.

We would of course be delighted if you were to provide us with another opportunity to reaffirm our position as providers of the finest hospitality.

Should you wish to discuss this matter any further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely

Stephen M Perry
Ballygally Castle
e-mail: gm@bgc.hastingshotels.com
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My Mum and I called in to Ballygally Castle for morning coffee. Dad and Mum had their wedding reception there in 1949! We have been back since then but were pleasantly surprised this time. The coffee and cake were delicious, but the the best part was when the manager, Stephen Perry showed us around. The function room has a stunning view over the river and side garden. Bedrooms are of a high standard and coastal views are lovely. In the tower, the bedrooms are designed with flair and imagination! The garden is being rejuvenated and we enjoyed a stroll around. Anyone who wants a swim in the sea would not have far to go, just across the road! I hope to stay there some time in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy E
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My fiance and I had stopped off at Ballygally Castle for coffee while on a day out on the Coast Road and thought that it was pretty enough and perhaps somewhere to have a look at in the future. When it came to my fiances birthday we thought that it was a good opportunity to pay another visit. The first thing that you notice on arriving is the castle itself, although in the grand scheme of things it is a small castle, it looks great and well cared for. The modern extension to the structure that houses the hotel blends in well and is sympathetic to the appearence. Inside the hotel is modern and really nicely furnished. The most striking thing, and something that would occur to us again and again during our stay were staff from the moment that you check in, through dining at dinner and breakfast and sitting in the lounge the folk who work here are really warm and friendly in a genuine way that does not seem forced which made our stay extra special. Our room was on the first floor, apparently part of a newly refurbished part of the hotel and I was more than happy with the furnishings. The sea view was worth the trip alone. I really enjoyed our stay here. The restaurant was lovely, we ate there two nights running and the breakfasts were enough to make me get up on time for- a buffet of as much or as little as you want which was enough to last me all day. Bottom line- This is a great hotel, with beautiful surroundings, fantastic folk looking after you, and great food. I hope to return again before too long.

Room Tip: Our room was on first floor with views facing the sea which were wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygally
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Curran Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Larne
Londonderry Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Carnlough

Been to Ballygally Castle? Share your experiences!