Fabulous seaside location, very beautiful gardens, faultless excellent breakfast of fresh, local, top-quality produce BUT the VERY best thing is the bed. It was like sleeping on a cloud and so wonderful that we are investigating how to purchase this for ourselves!
There is also an interesting ghost room to be inspected, and various histories and artefacts and information to take your attention, and all this 17th century castle part is oddly set alongside another area which has a very modern decor.
Despite the best breakfast, I thought the other food was a bit mediocre and could be tastier and more appealing.
The other thing that needs to be addressed is that if you come in on a ferry that lands you at the hotel before three (you cannot get your room before 3) and if it is a Sunday, there is only a Sunday buffet available, and you, in your cagoule and jeans, will be surrounded by locals in their Sunday best, which is all pretty uncomfortable. There needs to be a quiet corner where you can be served a simple bar meal, away from the big buffet thing.
Nice hotel though and near to the ferry and sat on the glorious Antrim coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the scenic Antrim coast only 26 miles from Belfast and close to Larne, the Ballygally Castle faces the sandy beaches of Ballygally Bay. The Castle dates back to 1625 and is the only 17th Century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland today. This enchanting hotel is full of character and charm. The many original castle features and antique furnishings also give the hotel a unique welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ballygally Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygally Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Castle Hotel Ballygally
- Ballygally Castle Northern Ireland