“Terrific 2 night break”

Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Second time to the Galgorm in 14 months and another great experience. We were on a two night package 25-26 August which included deluxe room, dinner in River Restaurant and Gillies and Spa Treatment Session as well. Off to a great start as I had requested the same room as we had previously stayed in (hoping but not really expecting to receive it) and Jo the receptionist confirmed we had been given the same room. Another nice touch was two delicious cup cakes in our room compliments of the management as it was a wedding anniversary celebration trip.
5 course taster meal in the River Room on 25 August was delicious. The wood pigeon was devine as was the beef. Lovely pastry dome served with the beef was filled with meat and delicious. Breakfast is superb, there is a large choice including crepes and maple syrup and its all fresh and warm. Well looked after in the Spa by Clare and Emma and the thermal spa is a delight as well even when it is busy. 4 course meal in Gillies was excellent as well. Going back again for New Years Eve and looking forward to it already. This is a fantastic hotel with thoroughly professional and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
PSmythGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear browner61,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent anniversary celebration. I would also like to thank you for your repeated custom, a huge testament in itself. I have passed your comments onto the team, particularly Jo, Emma and Clare and we are looking forward to your stay on New Years.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Beautiful gardens and walk ways, river running through the estate and locals fishing from the banks... main buildings very grand and well maintained.. Staff were very friendly and polite...there was a Butler/manager who was very helpful and couldn't do enough for everyone// Food was fine and also entertainment was very good. Great day had by all. Would return again no problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear broxi08,

thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your friend's wedding celebration. We are certainly very lucky to have such a wonderful setting. I have passed your comments onto the team and would hope that you can find reason to return to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just spent a wonderful day at my niece wedding from the moment we arrived the grounds was beautiful the food was excellent, looking forward to,going back soon would recommend this to anyone the staff the food were all excellent

Room Tip: Everything was great you won,nt be disppointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elizabeth s

Dear elizabeth s,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the resort whilst celebrating your Niece's wedding. I am also pleased that you are planning to return and look forward to that.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful setting. We were at an evening wedding here and it was lovely. The bedroom in hotel was lovely and very clean. It looked out over small waterfall and outdoor jacuzzi. We would recommend this hotel. The food in the evening was beautiful and very well served

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear alila60,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay whilst attending a wedding. We are very fortunate in our riverside setting and have located our outdoor hot tub and pool to make best use of the views.

I hope that you can find reason to return to the resort soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have stayed here 4 times now and upon check in we were told that we had received a complementary upgrade to a suite. Our eyes lit up!! When we seen the room it was amazing. The spa facilities are great as always. The food in Gillies is very good and portion sizes will surprise you. We'll definitely be back, thank you Galgorm!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Victoria S,

thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It was pleasure to provide a complimentary upgrade and I thank for your genuine appreciation of that.
I do hope you can return the resort soon and would ask that you contact me beforehand and I would be happy to assist with the arrangements.

kind regards

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was an excellent location for our daughters wedding the service was very good, food above average, helpful staff in all areas particularly James our function manager and Paul the concierge. We stayed for three days as an extended family group and generally enjoyed the experience. Be aware this is not an economical location for such occasions even if moderation prevails.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kenneth B,

Thank you for your review and may I also thank you and your family for choosing Galgorm as the venue for this very important occasion. I have passed your kind comments onto James and Paul, they truly are stars within the team. I do hope that you can find reason to return to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I got this as a 30th Birthday present from my lovely sister and what a fantastic present! I got the Sunday night Package, included a 5 course dinner which was something out of Master Chef! We also had High tea, it was so stunning, all the food ate was like works of art!
Are bedroom was lovely, the bathroom was lovely and spacious, however the bed wasn't comfortable I'm afraid :( There need to be new pillows! But it really was a lovely Sunday evening! We had a beautiful treatment and a full day in the spa! The breakfast was fantastic! Really was a lovely present and I can't wait till I go back :) The staff are also fantastic xo

Room Tip: We had a riverside view amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

dear EimsMac,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your 30th Birthday present. I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper regarding the pillows and our stock is currently being checked and renewed where needed.
I have passed your kind comments onto the team and hope that you can return to the resort in the near future.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!