“Galgorm Spa - Heavenly !”

Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Galgorm Spa hotel is a must if you wish to go somewhere where it is both beautiful and relaxing. The food in all restaurants is excellent. The outside beer garden beautiful. The spa itself is amazing. Service is excellent. Highly recommened.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmichael15
There are newer reviews for Galgorm Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We've stayed twice now at Galgorm and on both occasions we've had a fantastic time. On both occasions we dealt with a lady called Jo on reception and I must say she was very good at arranging our stay.
What to say that hasn't been said in previous reviews. Get the 5 star treatment by staying in Galgorm - you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank normski_007
Reviewed 3 October 2013

WOW!! I have just returned home after a fantastic day at Galgorm Spa, I was given a voucher as a birthday present and decided to use it in the thermal spa.
I have used the spa facilities in a few hotels while I have been on holiday but this one was by far the best, the surroundings are really beautiful and the staff are very professional. When I arrived at the Spa I was welcomed by Jenny, she made me feel so welcome and relaxed and because I was a little earlier than the friends I was meeting she showed me through for tea in the secret area which was lovely, I would have had no idea it was there as it had a hidden door, the views of the river were outstanding and it had a very good selection of herbal teas as well as ordinary tea and coffee. While I was in this area Jenny came back to see if there was anything she could do for me which was very thoughtful as sometimes I find the spa assistants seem to forget you are there and I never know if I should wait until someone comes for me or if I should go back out again. Then Jenny came back to let me know when my friends had arrived, she then showed us through to the changing area and explained everything really professionally to us about how the spa area worked and where to go when we were changed. She also arranged lunch for as because we happened to mention we had nothing arranged. Fantastic day!!

We will definitely be back to Galgorm. Perhaps book treatments next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HOGCoAntrim
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Check in took no more than a few minutes, even allowing for the staff changeover at 1500hrs. Our room was very very clean and well presented. An afternoon was spent in the Spa, again outstanding and very clean, just what we wanted.

The 4 course meal in Gillies was first class, everything from the staff to the choice of menu was very good, we were not rushed at any stage of the meal - outstanding service. Breakfast was again excellent well organised and very good produce.

We shall be back before the end of the year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I went here for an overnight stay for our Wedding Anniversary, the hotel is beautiful, we booked online and ended up in a room with the river view which was amazing, fantastic size room. The staff in the hotel are so friendly and helpful, we had dinner in the restaurant Gilles and the food was excellent, we also had a drink that afternoon in Gilles bar, it is a lovely bar, very relaxed and chilled. The Spa in the hotel is unreal - again so relaxing could spend hours in it. There is a beautiful area outside the Mulberry Garden where you can sit outstide and have a drink it has lots of little fairy lights - magical. Overall we loved this hotel and cannot wait to go back, cant recommend this hotel enough - book your stay :-)

1  Thank StephanieA78
Reviewed 1 October 2013

On arrival at the hotel, we were warmly greeted at reception however we had a to wait a few minutes as a wedding party had arrived. We were then checked in and made our way from the 3rd floor (reception) up one floor. We left behind a warm, dark homely feel and arrived on a cold almost damp feeling corridor. On entering our deluxe river view room (we had paid more to have this) we thought it was nice, but it lacked the wow factor.

The bathroom was lovely, with nice toiletries and bath robes for the spa, but the rest of the room was a bit disappointing and i felt that the decor could do with an update. The TV in the room only had a few channels and the reception wasn't great. There was a lovely little balcony that looked out over the spa and beautiful river.

The spa facilities are excellent, with so many different rooms there you could easily pass at least a couple of hours here.

We had some lunch in fratelli - the atmosphere and feel of the place was lovely. The starters were just ok but the pizza we shared was quite nice. Later in the evening we had dinner in Gillies, which i had people rave about before. For us it didn't live up the expectations we had for it. The starters were actually really really good and we were disappointed that we didn't order more of these in place of our mains. When ribs are advertised as "fall off the bone" that's what i expect, however they came away with great difficulty, so much so that my fiancee didn't bother eating them all. We explained this to the head waiter who kindly offered us complimentary liqueur coffees after dinner.

We were impressed with the turndown service which we didn't expect and another nice touch was a card and cupcakes for my birthday.

All in all, we did enjoy our stay, but given the price we paid and the disappointing room, i don't think i would return as an overnight guest. I know the prices change for the rooms depending on the day of the week so if you can get a good deal on the suite then book that instead.

1  Thank travelbugjen
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I booked a night away for my girlfriend’s birthday, I was suitably impressed from the moment I walked into the hotel with the high standards, staff was very friendly and welcoming, we spend the afternoon in the spa which was also very clean and well maintained. I liked the small touches such a card and chocolates left in the room for my girlfriend’s birthday compliments of the hotel.

For our evening meal we went to Gillies which was very nice with large food portions, on a down side the waitress dropped a spoon with a tomato based sauce on my white shirt which I have haven’t been able to remove ;o(

The next morning we went for breakfast at 10am and on return to the room we thought we would take a quick dip in the pool before heading home again, I called reception to ask what time check out was, they advise it was 11am I asked was it possible to check out an hour later and I was told we would be charged at £20 per hour for every hour after 11am. I felt this a bit greedy and needless after having already spent £250 on our on night stay. I also informed the receptionist the next morning when she asked if I enjoyed my stay but she just advise when they are busy they just try to clear the rooms!

3  Thank David M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!