“PERFECTION!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Gilford, United Kingdom
“PERFECTION!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Visited galgorm for the mid-week spa escape with my boyfriend for his birthday. All staff were very friendly. We stayed in the junior suite which was amazing! Beautiful big deep bath, massive comfortable bed, not one but two televisions! Have absolutely no complaints about our stay. The spa and surroundings are gorgeous I only wish I could be back! Thank you very much for making our stay what it was :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed here several times in recent years and it is most often a great pleasure. The staff are usually fantastic, as are the rooms. On my last trip however I was a tad disappointed with the attitudes of some of the 'local' staff, but this was easily made up for by the wonderful attitudes of and service provided by the international staff. The rooms, views and facilities are fabulous all round and it is most certainly the best that Northern Ireland has to offer, but in some minor details it pails in comparison to its counterparts in ROI. These are however only very minor touches, such as toiletries, minibar stock, etc. Unfortunately I found these a little on the basic side in comparison with the grandeur of the surroundings, but these are only very minor details and in no way detract from the overall stay. What Galgorm lacks in minor detail is easily overlooked when indulging oneself in, the luxurious surroundings, spa facilities, gastronomy & wine selection, which are all excellent. We were also truly delighted by the exceptionally high level of cleanliness throughout the premises. Easily the best in spa breaks and luxury that Northern Ireland has to offer.

Room Tip: Request a room with a terrace over looking the river. Other accommodation at the back of the hotel i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TAA00
Belfast
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Got engaged to my girlfriend on Friday 20th June followed by a surprise visit to Galgorm for what would be the first visit for us both. Everything about my stay was perfect except the fact I couldn't stay for longer. Unfortunately the building work is a bit of an eye sore but cannot be helped. I will certainly be back in the future and I would recommend to anyone. Thanks to all the staff at Galgorm for an enjoyable experience!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed here loads of times and I really needed to write a review!

There is really nothing I can say other than this is the best hotel in Northern Ireland. We currently live in Australia and have stayed in some of the best hotels in Sydney and around the world. I can honestly say that every spa in every hotel is compared to the Galgorm, and none of them has ever matched it. Having free access to the amazing pool and spa facilities is more than most places will provide in itself, but the quality of those facilities is second to none. And be it mid summer or mid winter, there is nothing quite like sitting in the outdoor hot tub watching the river, usually with the resident heron looking on for good measure. The spa menu is amazing, and the experience complete with relaxation room at the end of treatments is sublime.

The restaurants cater for pretty much any culinary mood you could find yourself in, and the bar in Gillie's is a good night's craic.

Last time we stayed I proposed, and I can't wait to stay again the next time we're back in the motherland! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: If you can afford to stay in one of the more expensive superior rooms, they are much bigger than the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Honestly, I don't know where to start. This was the second time we'd stayed at the Galgorm. My wife and I discovered it 18 months ago and having been dying to return. Work in Belfast provided the opportunity to travel from England and so we grabbed a weekend break in a deluxe room with dinner in the River Room. The whole experience from beginning to end was outstandingly good. The facilities are spacious and luxurious and since we were last there, the hotel has continued to improve and develop. The conservatory provides a new area to relax with stunning river views. Afternoon teas during the day, pre-dinner cocktails at night along with an impressive Gin list too. The staff are universally courteous, cheerful and helpful. A few conversations during the weekend revealed a happy working environment with many choosing a longish commute to work there. Yes it isn't cheap but it is great value. I have nothing but praise for the whole operation and can't wait to return. Clearly the resort is well known in Northern Ireland but I'm keeping this one secret over the water...

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hatbox22
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Frankie that's the name of the person that looked after our sons wedding and what a job he done
All prises the wedding package included rolls Royce car the car and driver were excellent
Not that I got the car but the driver couldn't help enough the hotel staff polite friendly and always helpful service above and beyond
We stayed on the Sunday and were disappointed that we could not bring our grandchild to the pool
But do understand that it's a relaxing spa for adults so no problem there gillies bar and grill great food and the same great service we are planing a spa break to revisit this great hotel
Thanks galgorm

Room Tip: I booked a suite overlooking the river it was great with a patio area
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently (May '14) had our Wedding at Galgorm in the Four Wedding Seasons Suite and I can say without hesitation that it was a fantastic experience from start to finish. We had stayed at Galgorm before so knew what to expect from the hotel but I was so impressed with the wedding facilities, organisation and team at the hotel across the days we were there. Everything was organised perfectly and I can say I don't have one complaint - and I can be famously hard to please. I really got a sense that the staff there really cared and its fair to say that that doesn't always seem to be the case in other places. All my guests commented on the venue and the fact that they had such as great time. I have only the highest praise for the team at Galgorm. I would recommend anyone considering Galgorm for this most important of days.

Room Tip: The suites are excellent and overlook the river. Ask for one with a balcony / terrace.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!