“Home from home .”

Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ballymena
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have visited galgorm few times now an every time I grew more an more in love with the place , my daughter , my wee grandson an I stayed for few days an we had few treatments at the spa , an everyone of their staff was friendly an helpful . The meals r amazing an the location is breath taking . So I now gave us booked in for later on in yr again , galgorm manor thank u for everything. See u soon x x folks if u don't believe me why not try yourself u won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Any room in there is good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,404)

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great place for a relaxing break. Situated within peaceful and relaxing surroundings. Food was to a high standard and good portion sizes. The spa was great and could be used for as long as desired. Really enjoyed my stay and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've been to this hotel 3 times now and each time I've been impressed with the staff, the food, the Spa, the bedrooms and grounds. The highlight for me is the staff, they are only excellent: so polite, they keep to the background in thermal spa area, servers are knowledgeable about food and drink. It really is a joy to go there and get away from it all. I can't wait to go back this summer with my friends for a girly stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a lovely day & over night stay with my partner with the Romantic package deal.

Despite check in being at 3pm, we got there early and made use of the Spa facilities. I took advantage of the lovely weather and sunbathed on the loungers outside, with the flowing river just a few meters in front of me - which was beautiful! My partner also had a "Voya massage" which he said he really enjoyed - this wasn't part of our deal though.

Later we got access to our room, I paid the extra for the suite with the balcony, and must say that although a very lovely room, there were some minor flaws (if I'm being picky, for what i paid for) Both TV's had fairly poor picture quality and lack of channels, when I was expecting the "bee's knees" (i know your not there to watch TV, but still). I was also fairly disappointed with the balcony. Our view was kinda blocked out by the roof top in front, and you kinda had to tip toe to get any nice view of the river/garden areas, which wasn't what I expected. The lighting in our room was also frustratingly dim, I guess it was for a "Romantic setting", however I couldn't find anywhere with decent lighting to apply my makeup, so I sat by the balcony door instead! Other than that, lovely room, comfortable bed, spacious :)

We ate in the River Room, which was truly top quality. Very rarely do I have a male waiter seat me down and place a napkin on my lap :) We were wined and dined, and what was a 5 course meal turned out to a 7-8!

When arriving back from our meal we were welcomed by the "Rose petal turn down" where your bed is made up with petals, swan-shaped towels, forming a heart, along with a rose, it was Very romantic and special!

a lovely night sleep, followed by the buffet breakfast in Gillies in the morning. There was lots to choose from, cereal, hot food, cold meats, cheeses etc. We would have loved for it to have been served till 11:30/12, as from what I recall, we felt pretty rushed to get up and get down there in time before it stopped (something like 10am) - we aren't early risers! haha.

Lovely Staff, lovely stay, would definitely recommend to others, and love to stay again!

1  Thank Serena B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

After staying in Galgorm hotel many times I decided to book a self catering cottage for a girly night away! Booked a Sunday bank holiday at the end of May and would definitely repeat! Our Apple Cottage was modern, clean and perfect for 4 girls! Ate in gillies and enjoyed the live entertainment in the busy bar! The Breakfast & Spa the next morning was well needed & did not disappoint! The Spa has been developed to include a huge outdoor jacuzzi which made the visit! Staff were as polite, warm & professional as previous visits and it was great to see lots of foreign visitors too! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lj1111gush
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Having visited this hotel on a number of occasions I reminded my wife that Reception would not be a pleasing experience. The hotel specializes in weddings and I think that they ensure they are efficient in getting large numbers of guests registered in a non-conversational way. True to previous experiences I was succinctly instructed to sign various parts of the form; indeed a guest also standing at reception listening to my receptionist commented to all within earshot that traditional manners using please and thank you were a long lost art. However, as I was getting an early check-in I decided not to engage in this conversation. Upon leaving I by-passed reception to ensure that the stay, which had been excellent in every other way, would not leave a sour taste. The concierge/porter was friendly, informative and most helpful.
Bedroom,standard, was large and most comfortable; meal in River Room, 5 stars; breakfast one of the best anywhere. No complaints at all, even with the efficient receptionist; I just think "receptionist" is not the appropriate description.

Room Tip: All the rooms, from my experience, are more than acceptable.
1  Thank Victor T
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Visited galgorm for the mid-week spa escape with my boyfriend for his birthday. All staff were very friendly. We stayed in the junior suite which was amazing! Beautiful big deep bath, massive comfortable bed, not one but two televisions! Have absolutely no complaints about our stay. The spa and surroundings are gorgeous I only wish I could be back! Thank you very much for making our stay what it was :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymena
Tullyglass House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Galgorm Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!