Galgorm Resort & Spa
US$139
  • Pool
Hotels.com
3,638 results
All reviewsthermal villagegillies restauranthot tubgin barriver viewfour seasonsafternoon teadeluxe roomitalian restaurantroom restaurantthermal suitecomplimentary mini baroutdoor jacuzziphantom housecupcakesfrom start to finishturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

a girlie weekend of fun! it was my first visit to Galgorm and I truthfully can't fault anything.

the room was beautiful and had everything I needed. the staff were outstanding and couldn't do enough for us girls. the grounds, spa area and reception area made it the perfect place for a relaxing comfortable stay. I will be back.
july 12 2014

ps the food in the Italian restaurant was excellent. the best pasta dish ever!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed here at a friend's wedding and while I was shocked at the cost booking the room online £199 (this included a £40 charge for a late lie in to 1pm), i booked it anyway as didnt want to have to leave celebrations early to go to a B&B. The room itself was ok (room 324), but the view was obstructed by scalfolding (didnt know there was work taking place for an extension). The next morning went got up for breakfast at 8am, was VERY disappointed. Croissants were as hard as rocks and sitting in hot plate too long. My partner was disgusted witht the fried breakfast. Sausages looked like bog standard value pack and were obviously just deep fat fried. Scrambled egg was soggy...the list goes on! A duty manager came up and said that as we had paid for a late check out he made us aware that there would be building works going on and that it would be advisable to make use of the thermal spa and as a measure they would refund us the £40 paid for our check out. Well I did go to swimming pool but my partner wanted to have a sleep. This wasnt to be as he couldnt go back for snooze as the noise of the jack hammers started at 9.10. In my opinion we should have been informed that there was building work being carried out at the time of booking and as we were right at the very back where the work was being done, that room should NEVER have been sold and at that price was absolutely ridiclious. I will NOT be back here. Not a 4 star experience at all. Have been in much nicer lower rated hotels and enjoyed my stay and breakfast at a much lower rate. Standards need to be seriously looked at.

6  Thank 88Anakin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lovely relaxing hotel. Food in gillies very enjoyable . The spa is incredible outside hot tube is just heaven even in the rain . Real chill out hotel. The only fault was no air condition in rooms very hot.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front better view
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As always, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The food in gillies was delicious as usual, good wine list- I've found a new favourite wine!
The spa was fabulously relaxing and the lemon sorbet after my treatment was a real treat!
Only issue, lack of seating area in the spa due to the weather being superb!
Breakfast was nice, although the toaster was missing so we had to ask for more!
Still had a great time and can't wait for my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently however despite having a glorious review on the food and staff I have 2 issues. A £1 charge is automatically added onto your bill for a charity cause. We felt guilted into such a charge. This should not be automatic and definitely is something that should be explained at checking in. You have to ring reception to cancel this. I feel this is quite sneaky of the hotel for this approach. Secondly, cocktails are 2 for 1 but nowhere does it say you have to get the same 2 cocktails. My husband and I liked different ones. But we were declined these on the deal because they were not he same but yet the same price.

Room Tip: Request air conditioning
2  Thank Victoria123UK