“Customer service is atrocious!”
Review of Glory Be

Glory Be
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Ballymena
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Went into GloryBe, ordered a crepe, waited 20minutes on it, came down burnt so I took it back and said to the lady at the till. She then proceeded to ARGUE with me that it wasnt burnt, it was just 'crispy'. It was black. Because of her attitude I said I wanted a refund, she told me I couldn't have a refund. I told her the service was disgusting and I was just leaving.
On the way out the door she came up and said 'we've decided not to give you a refund but another dessert'. I informed her we were just leaving.
Never had such terrible customer service, you don't argue with customers, even I know that at 20 and she has to be in her 40s and runs the place. Totally disgusted! She should also not have a child no older that 6 in behind the counter, family business or not for the child's safety.

1  Thank Jordan C

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I cant comment on the food as i didnt stay for any. I approached the counter and picked a piece of mint aero cheesecake for my husband it was the last piece so when i saw the waitress take a slither off it i asked what she was doing and she said it was a family run business and some of her kids would eat it i stood there in amazement and said to her that i would be charged £3.95 for a piece of this and they would rather take a slither off it than give it to the customer i didnt take the piece of cake as i couldnt believe what she has done. I would have loved to have tried the cakes as they all looked delicious but i think this was just being a tad tight

9  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

This Fantastic little place was recommended to me by a friend. I've lived in the town for a few years and never knew it was there, I've really been missing out.

It is an absolute delight for the taste buds and a complete contrast to the run of the mill coffee shop muffins and chocolate cake. It is a family run business and everything is home made and packed full of full fat calories, just the way I like it! The shop does not deal with meals, sandwiches, etc, but instead specialises in crepes and waffles, and these they do extremely well. I had the apple and cinnamon waffle with vanilla ice-cream (Maud's) and toffee sauce. Excellent.

The shop also specialises in ice-cream cakes which look fantastic (but I have yet to try). These seem to be very popular for birthdays and start at around £9.99.

Entrance to the shop is opposite Cameron's with good car parking available. I believe there is late night opening which I plan to take advantage of very soon.

1  Thank kpnutsni