“Very disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Carvery at Tullyglass House Hotel
Ranked #27 of 139 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went along to the carvery on Easter Tuesday evening. Have been going to the carvery for years and up until now never had any issues. We were shocked at the small number of people in the carvery on a holiday evening.

The starters were poor. The salads, bread rolls etc were not fresh at all and the cocktail sausages, chicken etc were cold. Bigger plates are urgently required for the starters.

The main course turkey and beef were fine but the potatoes, chips and vegetables were cold and tasted awful.

On a positive note, the staff were friendly and helpful.

I hope things improve here. I would no longer recommend this carvery to anyone and agree with the other negative reviews.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
belfast
“Easter Sunday Carvery!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Not sure if people are going somewhere else but we returned here on Sunday + had a great meal!! I have to say that the small plates for your starters need to be changed. I saw most people took 2 of these saucer like plates as they are so small. You have a job to balance all the food + the risk of dropping food is high. Everywhere else has normal plates+as you can go up several times anyway the hotel will not save any food. Great turkey+ham as normal. We took the Local Apple Crumble with custard and it was excellent. Free jug of water as normal. Hot coffee to finish but no mints which were on the menu. I said to a girl "where are the mints" but she looked at me as if I was from Mars. Still overall very good + we will return but those small plates need removed

2 Thank youngmanpeter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“expensively poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Was excited to go to this carvery and was there for a friends 50th birthday a large group of us.
it was a mid week night and the meal cost nearly £19. So we went for starters and everything was poorly presented, there had been no thought into making salads, and little choice of much the same thing. the was a salmon on display, which had looked like it had been attacked by piranha.

starters are served on tiny saucers which seems stingy, and its hard to eat off plates like that, desert plates are the same.

Main course meats where good, but the vegetables where lying in water soggy and soft.

service was not great, but staff where friendly and polite

I feel the price did not reflect the quality of the food and the way it was presented, neither did the others who I was with. £10 would more reflected the price.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Poor quality and little choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

After visiting this carvery my experience was the starters was limited, there was two meats sausages and chicken wings which I thought was tastless.
The cold starters were not much better,the vegetables for the main meal were tastless as they were swimming around in water,and the choice was very poor.
As for the deserts it was much better, but I think when you're paying £18.50 per person I would expect so much more, very disappointed.

GlengormleyNI
“Good food at an affordable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I visited the Tullyglass Carvery with my wife and two kids aged 4 and 2 on a Sunday afternoon. There was no charge for the kids which I thought was very family friendly. We found the food on offer to be good quality with a wide range of hot and cold starters. I wouldn't say the food is going to the type of cuisine found on a "Masterchef" menu but we certainly didn't leave hungry as is my common experience with more "upmarket" restaurants. The carvery was busy but the service was fine. Our only issue was we had booked a table for 2.30pm but didn't actually get seated for another 45mins. There seemed to be a lot of people turning up who had not booked but were given tables anyway. However we really enjoyed our Sunday lunch and I would have no hesitation returning to Tullyglass in the future.

• Visited March 2014