“Good for those on a budget”

Harbour Lights Cafe
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Carnlough
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tel: 028 2888 5868
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Situated upstairs- the lift is out of action- the views over the harbour are lovely. The food is freshly cooked and extremely cheap. The menu revolves around the famous Ulster fry. Sadly the quality of the ingredients is very poor, apart from the eggs.
If you want quantity over quality for very little cost this is place.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped for breakfast one morning the breakfast was great. We had a full fry with tea for approx £3.50. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We usually call at Quay Eats opposite the harbour but it was closed so asked the greengrocer for a recommendation and he suggested " The Harbour Lights".
All looked good, great view over the harbour.
The menu was the usual fare and very reasonably priced so we ordered a small breakfast, and tomatoes on toast.
As was feared the quality matched the price....it was cheap everything...we both left most of it.
As they say ....you get what you pay for.
Wont be returning

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stopped by here for a brunch. It was a Friday morning, not too busy - luckily we arrived as the tour bus was departing. Only a few other customers in. Very clean dining area. Staff were pretty good and pleasant. Between the five of us we had a variety of things from the menu - all pretty good. The coffee was OK (but I am a coffee snob so hence OK). Everything was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This little gem overlooks the scenic Carnlough harbour. My partner and I called in for breakfast a few weeks ago. I ordered a large fry up (£4.95 and my partner ordered a small one (£2.95).
The prices included tea and toast.
I had some concerns that the quality of the food may have suffered due to the fact that the cafe was full to capacity and they appeared to be understaffed (just one waitress). However, my concerns were unfounded, as a pleasant waitress called Ann, quickly delivered two perfectly cooked breakfasts.
Nothing was deep fried and the portions were huge. The large breakfast was enough for any man, but I noticed that there was an even bigger fry up on the menu called "the harbour's mouth", but I'll take a rain check on that one for now.
We finished off our morning by trying some of the beautiful tray bakes on offer.
A great value meal for two for about £10.
The only small complaint I would have is that there is no lift, which may make accessibility difficult for some customers.

2  Thank Ronald C