“Not for you if you are afraid of heights”

Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Ballintoy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is something that my sister wanted to see/do for years, so I brought her there the last time she visited. I am not afraid of heights, but don't like non-rigid structures. The day we visited was a pretty windy one and the bridge was moving quite a bit, which did not help with my weak knees. But, I made it across and was rewarded with beautiful views of the coastline.
I probably wouldn't rush back, but I'm happy I've done/seen it and my sister was very happy as well.

2  Thank DiOh
Write a ReviewReviews (3,519)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

A must see if you are anywhere close. The view is spectacular and the walk along the cliffs
Out to the bridge is a great way to spend a couple of hours. We didn't get to actually walk across the bridge due to it was closed because of high--very high-- winds but we didn't care it was one of the coolest walks ever. This is a must see if you can get there.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was a must do on our trip. It was rainy and cold, but we made our way down there and crossed that bridge. It was such a thrill and beautiful. However, keep in mind that it's a very long walk on rocky terrain, and not recommended for handicapped or elderly though we had a very determined 80 something with us who made it just fine!

1  Thank TravelingFool05
Reviewed 28 November 2013

First, the only reason this did not get the full five was because most of the island is closed off from November to March, making it just a jaunt across the bridge and back. The hike down to the bridge is not to bad, but has a good grade to it at points (though I would say the average person, even those who do not exercise, could do it). The bridge is obviously the main attraction and is super neat. The nice thing about seeing it in the off-season is there were very few people about and we could get all kinds of pictures. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We visited on a beautiful sunny day. The scenery and views are stunning. Not sure about the entry fee though, bit much for what is a very short walk across the bridge, with staff herding you across at each end there is not much time for taking photos etc whilst crossing! Didn't use the cafe but there is ample parking. We're glad we went though.