“Bad Vibes”

Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Ballintoy
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Description: Situated along the breathtaking North Antrim Coast of Ireland This warm and friendly Family-run Bar and Restaurant is ideal for Food, Drink, Music and Craíc. Enjoy a pint at the open fire. Bar Meals served Daily.
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Seemed more like a locals place, where tourists weren't really welcome. Sat at the bar and the bartender (lady owner?) didn't have 2 words to say. Take your business across the street.

2  Thank Luv2travel009

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Can't fault it! Friendly landlord and staff, wonderful log and peat fire and excellent Guinness. Food delicious and excellent value. We both preferred this to the Fullerton Arms which is opposite.

1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stopped here to eat on our way back from the rope bridge. There was plenty of room in the big car park at the rear, and when we got inside, we found that it was completely empty. We ordered our food nevertheless, and after waiting a long 30 mins - considering we were the only customers - along came the most delicious food, and plenty of it. Overall, I would definitely recommend the food, just that the service was a bit slow, but worth the wait I would say.

1  Thank 80Kevin
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Our waitress was young, very friendly and efficient. drinks came quickly and order for food was taken with light banter. Three starters between four of us was ample, spring rolls, breaded brie (Scrummy) and chicken tikka. We shared all three as a platter and all of us enjoyed these. Main courses, the ladies had the fish dishes, Ballintoy Mackerel and Salmon, both enjoyed these and said they were delicious, a medium rare steak with ample onion rings, chips and grilled tomato and a Chicken Jalfreizi with rice for the men folk, again scrummy. The Curry was ace!! Again the waiter was young serving the food but was friendly and efficient. Waitress checked i to see if all was well and it was!! We found the Carrick clean and the service fine. A gallery of local turn of the century scenes adorn the walls, and views from the conservatory across to Rathlin are breathtaking. We had a lovely relaxing meal here and would gladly revisit, and recommend!,

1  Thank RamoanRoots
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Called in driving home from a drive round the coast. Place was empty, it was the start of the season, and there was one waitress working. She was pleasant enough, but when I asked for a highchair, she brought over an absolutely filthy seat that was stuck with dirt. It wasn't just residue from one prior meal either, there was mound growing in the straps. I asked for another clean one, and the second one was a bit better, she must have made an attempt to wash this one, but again, mouldy straps. I wouldn't have put a dog in that seat never mind my child.

I used the bathroom, which wasn't much better. We had our drinks (after I had to send back a glass as it was plastered in lipstick), then quickly left. I don't know what the food is like, but I certainly won't be trying it.