Stayed here recently due to being in the area for a family wedding. Arrived and we were promptly checked in by a nice girl at reception. Room was good, if a little on the basic side. The bathroom in our room could be doing with being updated; the shower for instance was very tempermental, and had odd controls - the water was either too hot or far too cold, and the dial had only turned a millimeter! My cousin was also staying here at the same time, and said she had the same problem in her shower. We were also woken up during the night due to other guests returning to the hotel and being really drunk - they were pretty noisy in the corridor, and woke our three year old up.
We did notice in the room information folder that there are a couple of rules that you have to stick to when staying here, none of which bothered us but may be of concern to other travellers - you are not allowed any alcohol in any of the rooms at the Millbrook, and if you are bringing alcohol into the hotel, it has to be left at reception until you check out. This didn't affect us in the slightest, as we don't drink alcohol, but having stayed in many hotels throughout the world, this was the first time I had ever seen this rule.
Breakfast was good, with a selection of cereals, pastries etc as well as cooked items. My husband ordered cooked food both mornings we were there and was impressed with the generosity of the portions as well as the quality of the food. The grounds of the hotel looked lovely, although we didn't really get a chance to look round due to the wedding we were attending. Staff all seemed friendly enough too.
We're not sure if we'd stay here again - the hotel is well placed for getting into Belfast, or going south to the coast and the Mournes, but maybe a bit more work is needed to upgrade some of the bedrooms and bathrooms first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short distance from the scenic Mourne Mountains, The Millbrook Lodge is a family-owned hotel, where the charm of a beautiful Georgian building has been carefully integrated with modern comfort and amenities. The hotel has sixteen bedrooms all en-suite, offering comfort, TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Exquisitely landscaped gardens provide six acres of tranquility and a perfect setting for photographs. The Head Chef provides a wide range of mouth-watering food options from breakfast through to dinner and Sunday lunch with Pensioner's lunches and Early Bird Menu also available. Afternoon Tea, with a sumptuous selection of scones, traybakes and sandwiches has become one of the hotel's most popular eating experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, LateRooms, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Millbrook Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Ballynahinch
- Millbrook Lodge Hotel Ballynahinch, Northern Ireland