“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fish City
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The fishcity brand was founded with the principal idea: to fill a gap in the local marketplace for an innovative, contemporary approach to selling Fish and Chips, whilst keeping our traditional beliefs. The fishcity brand is about giving the customer the best possible experience, in our unique and contemporary chip shop, whilst retaining a traditional feeling. All our fish carry the MSC certificate, to ensure that our oceans are safe for years to come, the fish are caught and almost immediately processed. This procedure delivers the best quality and freshness from the sea to the plate.
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I go here quite a lot and is one of the best chippies I have ever eaten out of. Good portions, good prices and lovely staff. Give it a go. You won't regret it.

1 Thank Keldred R
Dear Keldred R,

Thank you so much for your pleasant review.

We are all very pleased that your enjoyed your dining experience here at FishCity

Belfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishcity best fresh fish and food for miles. Cleanest in Ballynahinch they have 5 stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had the paella it was amazing my boyfriend had fish supper said it was best batter and fish he's ever had. It is sooo clean they have 5 stars for their cleanliness. Really nice friendly staff you can sit in also and waiting staff couldn't do enough for you.

1 Thank Ger1212
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
“I can't get enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Every time I'm hungry and can't find anything decent in the house to eat, fish city is the place to go! Prices are cheap (£4.50 for a fish supper can't go wrong) and you get what you pay for, I can barely finish the food the portions are that big! I would often get a curry chip, the only place in the town I will actually get a portion of decent curry. I really can't say anything bad about the place, the staff are lovely and always get greeted with a smile.

The restaurant is clean, the mushy peas are to die for! You really can't go too wrong going to fish city, wouldn't bother with any of the other chippys in Ballynahinch!

1 Thank Tara M
Dear Tara M,

Thank you so much for you review.

We are very glad your had a pleasant dining experience with us.

Your custom is always welcome
Belfast, United Kingdom
“OK if your starving!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The food is in small portions but priced well above the portion size & quality. When the owner is close by, the staff are great & pleasant but on their own it's a different matter. Ballynahinch has no shortage of other places to eat & all better value.

2 Thank RKS S
Dear RKS S,

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my apologies to you for not having a satisfactory dining experience. I'm very sorry that you felt that our portion size did not meet your requirements.

I would be very grateful if you would call into the shop and discuss this matter as I am disappointed that you felt that my staff are not consistently customer service focused.
Antrim, United Kingdom
“If I could give it a lower rating I would.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Fish city? More like fish sh***y!
I have never met such uninterested, grumpy staff, serving average, yet extreme prices for food.

I work in a chippy, and if I treated customers the way I was treated, I would immediately have received a hash talking to from my manager, if I wasn't fired on the spot.

Also they forgot my garlic dip, which is an excusable offence, but not when they couldn't care less about you as a customer.

They failed to tell us about a meal deal would could have saved a decent bit of money on (essential being a student).

The food was average at best, the prices were extortionate, and I can say I left most unsatisfied, and believe I should be going back as going them a piece of my mind.

Don't go here, ever.

2 Thank Ross M
Dear Ross M,

I am so disappointed to read your review and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my profound apologies for your unpleasant dining experience. FishCity prides itself on the quality of food and we are very customer service focused.

However on this occasion we seemed to disappoint. As you have suggested, I would be most grateful for you to call into the shop and discuss this matter further.