“disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crawfordsburn
Belfast, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have been to this hotel for weddings so was quite looking forward to staying for 1 night. On arrival we were met by a very pleasant receptionist who provided us with our room details. When we went into the room I was really surprised by how small it was, barely enough room to walk around the bed. To add to the disappointment of this we noticed that the car park was right outside the window, as the room was on the ground floor noise was a particular problem. My advice would be to ensure when booking that you get a room that is a decent size and away from the car park. The TV was also a problem as additional commentary would sometimes override the normal television sound which meant I had to turn off the television.

Room Tip: Ensure at time of booking that you specify you want a decent sized room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
OldInn1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Brian, I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your room allocation. If you are not happy and let our staff know we will generally move you to a more suitable room if one is available. I am unsure of the full details, but hoping that you were offered this as an option. As a 400 year old building on the edge of a waterfall we are unfortunately land-locked on 3 sides by the car park, the road and a neighbouring property, therefore it is very difficult not to have some slight noise pollution, and also many of the rooms are quite old and to consider removing walls to make rooms bigger might detract from the overall character of the inn, but hopefully it did not trouble you too much. The issue with the TV has been resolved, it is for hard of hearing and was set by a previous guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Bangor, Co Down
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We enjoyed a delicious birthday lunch at The Old Inn. Service was quick, friendly and very
professional. Excellent menu ,reasonable prices and lovely surroundings.
We like to celebrate all family occassions here, weddings, special birthdays etc. We have never
been disappointed. Highly recommended

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you Patricia for your review of The Old Inn, we are glad you are a frequent visitor to the hotel and the team here have really been working hard on good service while creating the right environment for the staff to relax, be themselves and be friendly. We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back.
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here with my daughter on a Treat Ticket promotion and it was a first class experience. From check in until check out, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The room, the Clandeboye, was amazing, right on the main street with quaint olde worlde windows, luxurious furnishings and fluffy robes and slippers. The tray of dainties and bottled water were a lovely touch as was the well filled hospitality tray and toiletries.
The hotel staff were a credit to the hotel, efficient and professional and most importantly extremely friendly, we were seated for dinner, drinks order taken and menus left for perusal, all with a beaming smile and professional manner.
The food in the Lewis restaurant is second to none, served quickly, well presented and adequate portions. The choice from the menu is also extremely good. We went for the steak which was cooked (or not, in my case, according to my daughter) to perfection. I like the steak rare, and rare is what i got - absolutely fabulous.
The dessert - coconut panna cotta, and the honey and pear tart were exquisite.
We finished off the meal with cocktails from the bar and they were also perfect.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family and to be honest, I think I have my favourite hotel so far!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Pamelab1048, Thank for writing such a glowing and comprehensive review on Tripadvisor. We are grateful for all of your kind and detailed comments. It is fabulous to see such feedback on every department. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed last night 4 July on a treat ticket deal, we had cocktails served in the bar by friendly staff, we also sat out side in a lovely patio area and enjoyed the surroundings. Dinner in the restraunt was really lovely, a good choice of dishes on the menu, head waiter was very attentive and friendly as where all other staff that served us, the service was very quick. Our food was very tasty especially the desert and I really enjoyed the calipso coffee! Our room was spotless and very quaint with a Large bed, pleanty of tea, coffee etc to make in room also toiletries. Our only complaint would be that the room was noisy as was over the main bar at the front of the hotel, we could hear the piped music from the bar also traffic from 5.30 in morning. Breakfast was served by lovely friendly staff, a great selection to choose from and again the service was first class. Overall we had a great time and will be back. Well worth a visit, we would defiantly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rice1614, Manager at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Longg L, Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor. we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We were particularly pleased that that you enjoyed the breakfast experience and that you found the team to be so helpful. we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn.
belfast
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Just back from an overnight stay in the Old Inn Crawfrodsburn - Lovely location lovely staff and pretty as a picture bedroom - Breakfast very tasty. All in all a lovely mini breakaway.
Only slight drawback is you have to travel a bit for a selection of restaraunts/bar Taxi 10 approx each way but other than that will be back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear seec, Thank you for taking the time post a review on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Thank you for your kind words on the food and the waiting staff with breakfast being a particular highlight. We look forward to welcoming you back for next night 'inn'. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn.
llanelli
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here 3 nights on business and felt like a queen. The rooms are fabulously indulgent, the staff incredibly helpful and friendly and the food a delight.
For a little slice of luxurious nostalgia, stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in a four poster bedded room, upstairs at the front of the hotel. I believe it was called t...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear mammasuellanelli, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We were particularly pleased that you found the team to be incredibly friendly and that you found that the food was great. we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn.
Londonderry
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked the Old Inn at Crawfordsburn because it offered everything I was looking for a special anniversary trip, having researched everything on the internet I booked their “Love Doves Special” which was to include, 4 Poster Suite with Rose Petal Turn Down, a glass of Chilled Sparkling Wine and some Dipped Strawberries. Unfortunately I did not receive any of these. I also booked a table for two for our evening meal and requested, in my on-line booking, a table that would befit an anniversary meal. My wife and I were shown into the rear part of the dining room, which I would describe as adequate. In defence of the Old Inn I did not make them aware of these admissions at the time as I did not have the correct documentation with me and was unsure of what my booking included. All of that said, I would recommend the Old Inn as a place to stay. The staff are very friendly and are more than willing to assist at any time. The bedroom that we were given was spacious, but without the four poster bed, very clean and well furnished. The food in the restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. The ‘maître de’ gave us a warm welcome and showed us to our table. Unfortunately that was the last we saw of him that night, I thought he may have returned at least once during the evening to see if the meal was satisfactory, although the waiting staff did ask us as they cleared the plates between courses. The breakfast was superb as were the staff in the dining room. Overall I would definitely stay again and recommend the Old Inn to friends but with the proviso that they make sure they get what they have ordered.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Dear Colin M, thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind words on the food and the team whom you found to be so accommodating. We have researched the issues relating to your package and it was an unfortunate error when we were upgrading your room on our system, the details of your package simply didn't carry across. We are very sorry that this happened and are grateful that you did not let this overshadow your stay. Maybe next time you are thinking of visiting us you would maybe let us know by contacting us on reservations@theoldinn.com and we will ensure that you will be well looked after. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordsburn
Clandeboye Lodge Hotel
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Rayanne House
Rayanne House
#2 of 3 in Holywood

Been to The Old Inn Crawfordsburn? Share your experiences!