The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
US$166
US$157
Agoda.com
1,118 results
All reviewsfour poster bedafternoon teacountry parkwedding receptionbottle of wineopen fireold world charmwedding partynext morningfirst classjunior suitean overnight stayfew drinkssandwichesscallopsbirthday treatcourse meal
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is the second time I have had the pleasure of staying at the old inn, the first time being a couple of years ago. I can thoroughly recommend it. I have been very well looked after. The inn itself is lovely, the rooms cosy and the general atmosphere of the place is great. It's a fine looking set of buildings to start with, and the interior is just as impressive. I had the luck of glorious weather as well, so sitting on the large terrace at the back, listening to the river gurgling away below with the sun on my face was fantastic. To cap it off I had an excellent meal in the restaurant with my colleagues and had great service from the staff. I would come here again, no question.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
OldInn1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Leon

Thanks for taking the time to review us and so glad you got the best of the very fine weather.
The garden is still a little bit 'undiscovered' in the area and we're very glad you have written about it, it's a real gem in the midst of county down overlooking the country park.
Hopefully we will get to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I arrived at The Old Inn totally shattered after traveling for around 33 hours from Auckland, New Zealand. The greeting I received from the staff was outstanding. They were warm, friendly and welcoming. The check-in was easy. My room was fantastic - a wonderful blend of old, historical charm and modern, comfortable facilities.

I arrived late at night and despite the fact that the restaurant kitchen had just closed the staff were able to arrange a fantastic meal for me.

The breakfast were wonderful. I go the full Ulster Fry each morning and it was great.

The location is excellent. The Crawfordsburn Country Park is right next door with lots of great walking trails. The beach, which is accessed through the Park, is very beautiful even if the sea is a little cold!! Belfast is an easy 20 minute taxi ride away.

The Inn does host a lot of weddings but despite there being a lot of guests the weddings never disturbed my sleep.

Overall, a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Andrew, thank you for your review. It's very nice to read feedback commenting of the very focus of a lot of recent training. Our staff have responded very well and add a lot of personality to the bricks and mortar of the building! We are very proud of them, the food, the surroundings and the building and we are so glad that from all the way from New Zealand, our little part of the world left a big impression.
I will pass your comments to the serving team and chefs.... Can't do so much about the cold sea though!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have been to this hotel for weddings so was quite looking forward to staying for 1 night. On arrival we were met by a very pleasant receptionist who provided us with our room details. When we went into the room I was really surprised by how small it was, barely enough room to walk around the bed. To add to the disappointment of this we noticed that the car park was right outside the window, as the room was on the ground floor noise was a particular problem. My advice would be to ensure when booking that you get a room that is a decent size and away from the car park. The TV was also a problem as additional commentary would sometimes override the normal television sound which meant I had to turn off the television.

Room Tip: Ensure at time of booking that you specify you want a decent sized room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian, I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your room allocation. If you are not happy and let our staff know we will generally move you to a more suitable room if one is available. I am unsure of the full details, but hoping that you were offered this as an option. As a 400 year old building on the edge of a waterfall we are unfortunately land-locked on 3 sides by the car park, the road and a neighbouring property, therefore it is very difficult not to have some slight noise pollution, and also many of the rooms are quite old and to consider removing walls to make rooms bigger might detract from the overall character of the inn, but hopefully it did not trouble you too much. The issue with the TV has been resolved, it is for hard of hearing and was set by a previous guest.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We enjoyed a delicious birthday lunch at The Old Inn. Service was quick, friendly and very
professional. Excellent menu ,reasonable prices and lovely surroundings.
We like to celebrate all family occassions here, weddings, special birthdays etc. We have never
been disappointed. Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Patricia for your review of The Old Inn, we are glad you are a frequent visitor to the hotel and the team here have really been working hard on good service while creating the right environment for the staff to relax, be themselves and be friendly. We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here with my daughter on a Treat Ticket promotion and it was a first class experience. From check in until check out, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The room, the Clandeboye, was amazing, right on the main street with quaint olde worlde windows, luxurious furnishings and fluffy robes and slippers. The tray of dainties and bottled water were a lovely touch as was the well filled hospitality tray and toiletries.
The hotel staff were a credit to the hotel, efficient and professional and most importantly extremely friendly, we were seated for dinner, drinks order taken and menus left for perusal, all with a beaming smile and professional manner.
The food in the Lewis restaurant is second to none, served quickly, well presented and adequate portions. The choice from the menu is also extremely good. We went for the steak which was cooked (or not, in my case, according to my daughter) to perfection. I like the steak rare, and rare is what i got - absolutely fabulous.
The dessert - coconut panna cotta, and the honey and pear tart were exquisite.
We finished off the meal with cocktails from the bar and they were also perfect.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family and to be honest, I think I have my favourite hotel so far!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Rice1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Pamelab1048, Thank for writing such a glowing and comprehensive review on Tripadvisor. We are grateful for all of your kind and detailed comments. It is fabulous to see such feedback on every department. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, the team at The Old Inn.