Our daughters gave us a birthday present of short a 2 night stay at The Old Inn, Crawfordsburn, N.I. We had never been to N.I. before and would probably not have chosen Belfast. How wrong we would have been. The hotel is in a very quiet village and oozes charm and character without being at all stuffy or pretentious. The staff were all efficient, helpful, and very polite. Even the owner stopped to chat with us. The food is not cheap, but is good value for money - generally large proportions of qulaity food, well cooked and welll presented. Our room was full of character with hand-made carved oak walls, and art deco furnishings, but with a modern TV, free WiFi, tea and coffee - everything you expect. There is a bus stop outside that takes you to the heart of Belfast in one direction, and to Bangor in the other. A few steps from the hotel is a wooded walk down to the beach - about 20 minutes going, but allow longer for coming back as it is mostly up hill. A taxi ride from George Best airport was £17 and £13 going back (use the same taxi firm and they give 20% discount for the return leg).
Belfast itself was a real eye-opener. The city is smaller than I expected and traffic fairly light. Much of the city centre is a modern shopping area. Even though they had had some minor problems the week before - it being the Orange Parade - we found the locals to be friendly and helpful. Take an open topped bus tour of the City, including the H&W docks (of Titanic fame), Stormont, Shanklin and Falls Roads...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn Is the CURRENT AA NORTHERN IRELAND HOTEL OF THE YEAR! Over 400 years old, with thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star (highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland