I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions for business purposes and have been so impressed I keep meaning to book a long weekend with my partner. While there isn't much around the hotel itself, it isn't far from Belfast - I would definately hire a car from the airport though if I stayed for anything other than business.
Every bedroom is decorated differently and each has a different name, giving it that personal touch. Its very oldie worldy but you can't help falling for the place. Even reception area has great character and in the winter you walk through the front door to a large open fire. Very welcoming!
Service has always been amazing here for business and also in the evenings in the bar and restaurant. Breakfast - well, you have quite a choice - full Irish or just toast, you pick! The evening menu is also superb and very beautifully cooked and presented.
If you enjoy a walk, behind the hotel is a wooded country park with pathways which takes you down to Belfast Lough - which has a beach and I have witnessed people swimming there. Its a beautiful spot and well worth a wander!
If you're a smoker, it has possibly the BEST smoking area i've ever witnessed - specially built pavillion in the garden with its own furniture and open fire for the winter! If you're not a smoker, you will still appreciate this little folly and the lovely small garden it sits in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn Is the CURRENT AA NORTHERN IRELAND HOTEL OF THE YEAR! Over 400 years old, with thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star (highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland