The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
Loughshore Hotel(Carrickfergus)
Priceline
Parklands(Carrickfergus)
1,103 results
All reviewsfour poster bedafternoon teacountry parkwedding receptionbottle of wineopen fireold world charmwedding partynext morningfirst classjunior suitean overnight stayfew drinkssandwichesscallopsbirthday treatcourse meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I could not recommend The Old Inn highly enough! We recently celebrated my mothers birthday at this venue and all I can say is special, as that is what The Old Inn is! From the moment I booked the room the staff where extremely professional with a warmth that left me feeling I could approach them with any request and they would do their best to meet it. The food was out of this world, we decided to have a buffet, I can honestly say I have never tasted Baked Potatoes like them, the quality of all the food was an extremely high standard. I felt that we were looked after so well and we have a fantastic night in this beautiful venue, which décor is perfect, the atmosphere completed the evening for us and has left my family with wonderful memories of a perfect evening and we are all trying to think of an excuse to go back soon! So anyone reading this not sure where to book, you will not regret your decision book The Old Inn!
Thanks Old Inn !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
OldInn1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Denise M
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is greatly appreciated.
We are very glad you enjoyed the quality and quantity of food on offer and in particular the baked potatoes! We are very glad your entire evening was memorable for all, and hope you find that 'excuse' to stay sometime soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Spent a lovely day here recently at an old friends wedding and have to say we had a great day and everything was lovely, We stayed at a nearby hotel which was modern whereas this hotel was very unique and quaint, with lovely old stone walls and higgledy piggledy corridors etc which maybe sounds a bit of putting but seemed to make the big day almost fairy-tale like, with the large roaring fire and attention to detail all in all it was a great day, the food was excellent and the staff were all very polite and attentive and a quick taxi jaunt had us back in the centre of nearby Bangor, Well done to all at The Old Inn and thanks to all for a great day :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Megan M
We really appreciate that even though you didn't stay with us you still wrote a review of how the wedding day went. Thank you for doing so.
The Hotel does have lots of corridors that aren't straight and nooks and crannies all over the place and,as you say, this is the Old Inn 'Unique' when compared to other modern hotels. We are 400 years old this year! We will pass your comments to the staff, as we are very proud of their performance and have taken several years to cultivate such a fantastic group of hard-working, polite and pleasant staff.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a superior suite and we were not disappointed at all. The room was absolutely beautiful. The hotel staff were really helpful and friendly, especially the waiting staff in restaurant who brought birthday cake out to my husband and sang happy birthday. Food was amazing! Would really recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jel1201
OldInn1614, Owner at The Old Inn Crawfordsburn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Jel1201
Thanks for the positive review. I'm really glad you highlighted the staff and friendliness and even had the good grace to say their singing was good! :o) OK maybe you didn't say 'good' but you felt it was a positive addition to the evening! :o)
We're very glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had booked this as a treat after having a Victorian tea a few weeks ago. I wasn't disappointed. We had a lovely room allocated (the Gables) and on arriving had another Victorian tea( bit of a mistake ) as we had a great dinner . I had crispy belly of pork with black pudding and rack of lamb. The starters were lovely. We then enjoyed our wine in the very snug bar and surroundings before going to our equally snug room.

The Inn has its own car park and also parking on the road outside . Crawfordsburn park and beach nearby if you feel like a walk.

Room Tip: They are all nice and individually named . The village is quite so no real noise and the Inn is not noisy either.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank socoBelfast

Dear socoBelfast
Wow - you have a lot of reviews! Thank you for leaving such a positive one for us. We're very glad you enjoyed the food and ambience. Might we assume that the 'mistake' of victorian tea was sheer volume? If there was anything to address please do call us at the hotel 02891 853255. But judging by the comments and score we're reasonably satisfied that you had a great time with us.
Thank you.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Old Inn in January 2014. We were enchanted with the old fashioned charm of the place and the warm fires burning on a cold, damp January day. The desk staff and wait staff made us feel welcomed and at home. The room was comfortable and baths surprisingly modern. We enjoyed the hospitality in the pub, and the next morning had breakfast in the restaurant which was delicious. Just outside the Inn is access to a county park and we had a quiet walk in the forest. I would love to return here for another visit, it felt like staying in an old country manor, but just a short drive from the bustle of Belfast. We were traveling "off season" but the rates were very reasonable in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear frequentflier99
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it's great that you got to visit the Crawfordsburn Country Park - the most visited country park in Northern Ireland - which even in the gloomy January rain can still be a wonderful experience (personally I like to go down to the waterfall in the park after a storm, it's deafening and spectacular!)
We take great care and pride in friendly service, cleanliness and creating something with character and by reading your comments we feel we've hit the jackpot! Thanks once again.