I booked this hotel for 2 nights to celebrate my other half's birthday, as he had always wanted to stay there. Crawfordsburn is a quiet village and the hotel is in the centre of the village on the main road. It is very picturesque from the outside. The inside is very charming also and it is a very old-world sort of place, ideal for a bit of relaxation .
Our room was absolutely beautiful! We booked a "Love Doves" package which included rose petals on the bed, fizz and chocolate-dipped strawberries. In the room was a large vase of absolutely beautiful smelly lilies, which I loved. Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous and set us up for the day nicely. We did also eat one evening in the hotel restaurant and again this was absolutely superb.
On one afternoon we decided to have the "Victorian afternoon tea with prosecco". It was absolutely divine!!!
My only criticism of the hotel is that I found it quite hard to sleep as there was a wedding going on on both of the nights that we stayed and the wedding parties were extremely loud as they left the hotel in the early hours. This is why I have only rated "very good" and not "excellent".
One more thing: the hotel is ideally located right on the edge of Crawfordsburn Country Park. This is an absolutely beautiful place with a waterfall, beach, wild flower meadow and lots more. Do visit the park if you have a chance (although beware: the public loos are vile!!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn is over 400 years old. With thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star(highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland