I first came here two years ago and wrote a review called "Magical" because that is what The Old Inn felt like to me. I found it so charming and recalled wanting to have my wedding reception there some day. However, as a previous reviewer mentioned before me, it's the little things that really count. I was disappointed this time in the hotel. There was a wedding there the day we arrived which meant the place was very busy and overrun with children and noisy guests - not complaining about it, but rather just mentioning that if there is a wedding there prepare for noise. Our room was small and stuffy. The bed was uncomfortable. I wonder if maybe we were put in a smaller suite than last time because of the wedding guests. We ordered the "love doves" package which is supposed to mean champagne and chocolate strawberries on arrival and breakfast in bed. There were also some fake and tired rose petals on the bed. I swear one of them was just a red piece of fabric. At some point we finally got champange. But the 4 strawberries were pathetic. And we did not get offered breakfast in bed so we just went to the restaurant. The Irish breakfast was so disappointing. One egg? Really? And poor quality sausages and bacon. Shocking really. Given what you are paying for this place, it is not worth it. I don't think I'll be staying here again because it is just not worth the expense. We certainly will NOT order any of their special packages and I do not recommend anyone does.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn is over 400 years old. With thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star(highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland