“Always Tasty”

Sugarcane Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Comber
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Eclectic little Bistro in Comber Square. Now recognised in The Georgina Campbell Guide Ireland. Winner of the 2014 Best Eatery and best licences premises at the Ards business awards. We source great tasting local produce, mostly from within Co. Down. We are open 7 days a week from 9am with a gorgeous Bistro menu running nightly from 5pm Wed to Sun. Join us for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a coffee and cake.
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My wife and I dine here frequently and are always pleased with the food and service. Wether we are just popping in for a coffee and tray bake or indulging in a full meal we are always delighted with both the quality and quantity of the fayre. On a recent visit I paticularly enjoyed the beef stew and my wife always enjoys the excellent range of salads. Top Marks!!!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

My mum is an absolute fan of this place. Been there a couple of times with the family and felt compelled to write a review after today. Had a great homemade burger and chips with a lovely cappuccino. Very friendly staff and a nice interior. My parents come from Newtownards and come all the way for this place, nothing like it anywhere else. Comber must keep this place!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

16 of us decided to visit the Sugarcane on their first late Wednesday night and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic, great atmosphere and friendly staff. Would definetly recommend the Sugarcane. Thanks Sugarcane for a great night.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Another fantastic visit to Sugarcane this time for my daughter's 21st birthday. 21 of us for a meal a big party this visit and we couldn't have wished for a better night. It all went off with out a hitch,the food was beautiful as usual and a fantastic wee team off staff made it a very special night for us all. It was so good the birthday girl and i were back the next morning for the amazing sugarcane breakfast. I would recommend Sugarcane for a wee coffee or a big party is the place to be in Comber.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

When the Sugarcane first opened you were always guaranteed good food, service and value for money. These days they overcharge for meals with small portions and service often leaves a lot to be desired. The last time I went here for breakfast was in August 2012 with a party of 8 of us. The chef managed to burn all of the fried eggs, the food was cold and the bill a joke. I haven't been back since and don't plan to unless I hear reports of big improvements.

SugarcaneCoffeeCo, Owner at Sugarcane Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your comments. I'd like to take some time to respond to this review. Your title states,
"Not as good as once was" yet you clearly stated that you last visited in August 2012, some 6 months ago. You also state that we are expensive now, yet we are still cheaper overall than when we 1st opened in 2006 despite having absorbed many many supplier based price increases.

You also complained that your last dish wasn't to our usual standard yet I ask you if you actually brought this to our attention at the time? If you had of done so we would immediately rectified the problem and made sure that you left happy.

I really am bemused that after 6 months you feel the need to go onto a public forum to make a review of a visit in August last year. Also you may have noticed that our reviews are by in large very positive and that we are the no1 rated restaurant in Comber. This only come by way of happy customers that all seem to return week on week as we really do want everyone to enjoy both the food and customer service. We, like any business in not faultless and we always listen to our customers wether the feedback is positive or negative.

I do hope you choose to visit us again and that your next visit is a good one.

Best of luck