“Excellent lunch in a beautiful courtyard.”
Review of The Georgian House

The Georgian House
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Comber
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

With the recent beautiful weather my partner and I decided we wanted to 'Dine Al Fresco' for lunch and what a gem we found where out the back of The Georgian House was a busy, sun-trapped courtyard - we were lucky to get a seat! We were attended to straight away by the staff and a drinks order taken.

I decided to order the cajun salmon salad and I wasn't disappointed. The salmon was cooked to perfection with the cajun spices adding a kick. My partner had a large breakfast (served all day which is great and generous portion size) which he thoroughly enjoyed and unlike fry's we've had in Belfast wasn't at all greasy.

To finish lunch off, I had pavlova while my partner had a beer in sun! I would definitely recommend that you try this restaurant and I'm looking forward to trying their evening menu.

1  Thank Chrissy828

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had lunch here because it was convenient when we were in Comber. Easy to find, large car park not far behind restaurant. Staff were friendly and polite. Seated quickly and water and menus brought. Lovely old building with delightful pieces of period furniture. Toilets clean. The menu seemed extensive but nothing on it was really suitable for more elderly digestions, even the soup was a chille one. Two of the mains were unavailable. My daughter had the duck salad, advertised as 'confit leg of duck', she got two drumsticks balanced on top of a pile of salad leaves and some orange segments - very little else. We all felt £8.90 was a bit steep for that - it was more like a starter. No bread, croutons, coleslaw or tomatoes, just leaves! Hubby & I had sandwiches, nice but again, no extras like crisps or coleslaw and pricy at £5.50. On going to pay, the waitress undercharged me by nearly ten pounds: when I pointed this out I was made to feel it was my fault for not knowing the table number. No word of thanks given for my honesty. First and probably last visit, we don't mind paying for quality food but this is not our cup of tea.

1  Thank happyholidays673
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stopped by in the late afternoon on bank holiday Monday. It was quite busy but we were promptly greeted by a lovely young lady who seated us by the window. Great, as I love to watch the world go by! The house is beautifully decorated and has a welcoming atmosphere. We ordered coffee's, a pancake stack and french toast with bacon & mushroom. It all arrived promptly, well presented, hot, tasty and good value for money. I would definitely return and recommend to friends.

My only gripe would be the toilet facilities, they were'nt the cleanest and had no toilet paper. It wouldn't be hard to keep a check on them throughout the day.

3  Thank Joynel
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Super service and great quality food. My wife requires gluten free options and the Georgia House is perfect with many options for her. Will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Chummy777
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have been to The Georgian quite a few times and have always found the staff very helpful and attentive. Service is first class even when we had a party of 30 food came in good time well cooked and hot . Highly recommended

1  Thank genjohn186470