“Try the specials”

Ranked #12 of 18 Restaurants in Comber
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have been in Comber since 1995 serving only the best Indian food in County Down. The restaurant is licenced, however, you can bring your own drink and there are no corkage charges. Every Sunday evening is dedicated to Buffet where you can experience the choice of 3 starters and 4 main dishes, varying in heat. You can eat as much as you like from the buffet. Kids menu available.
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Never disappointed with the Raj. if you want a pretentious Indian that costs too much this is not the place for you. The specials are great and the staff are always friendly and efficent

2  Thank soda252

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We recently visited The Raj Indian restaurant in Comber with friends and while the décor is trapped in the seventies, the food didn't disappoint. Having said that I would not be in a rush to return as there are other better restaurants (in my view) with a better offering of both food and ambience. Although it was a Wednesday night, it was still quite busy but lacked atmosphere. I would go back, but only after considering other options. Worth a try though, so give it a go. Good food at low prices, what more would you want?

1  Thank Arby2B
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Visited The Raj a restaurant that we have visited countless times and sadly for the first time ever I was a bit disappointed with some of the food. I make Indian food from first principles and the Shahi chicken was not good, particularly the sauce which was extremely sweet and of a very odd consistency. The Raj could do with improving its internal decor , a repaint would be worth it! I am really sad about this review but feel I have to be honest or else I make a nonsense out of my other reviews.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We usually visit here on a Wednesday evening simply because their Indian buffet is so tasty and also such good value! 2 courses, as much as you can eat, all rounded off with tea/coffee and a wee After Eight....you couldn't beat it! The food is always freshly prepared and I couldn't fault it....always a good choice of main course dishes including a veggie option for the non-meat eater. Even our young children love it, and will opt for The Raj for birthdays and other special occasions ahead for the more usual burger/pizza restaurants! Staff are always pleasant and friendly, especially the owner, who is always on hand and is very attentive and knowledgeable.

3  Thank thornbanks
Reviewed 23 January 2013

How lucky we are to have an Indian Restaurant in our home town that for years has consistently been serving great food every time.
Although the decor remains unchanged it is always lovely to pop in and have a really enjoyable meal with no fuss that doesn't cost a fortune.
Keep up the good work and see you again soon.

4  Thank Peter Mack