“Another fantastic lunch at Will and Karina's”

The Old Schoolhouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Comber
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This restaurant never, ever, fails to come up with the goods.

An imaginative, beautifully presented and full of flavour lunch, set in a contemporary, yet traditional environment, make this a very special destination. With the menu, we were spoilt for choice.

2  Thank John H

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The best food in Northern Ireland. Lovely restaurant friendly and welcoming staff, well priced but need to book

3  Thank Beth662
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A well-located B&B with most welcoming and hospitable hosts. Very comfortable bed, super breakfast; room too warm at night though when the summer duvet replaces the winter one that will be resolved. Overall - definitely one to recommend.

2  Thank JeffB64CPR
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing place. Attractive building, stylish decor. Great menu. Food was excellent, and wine fantastic. Good value for the quality of the food.

2  Thank rovsingg
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I had been waiting to get to the Schoolhouse for ages. I have followed Will on Twitter for a while and was always impressed by the photography and description of his dishes and was not disappointed when I finally got to see (and taste!) them in the flesh.

We have eaten in some of the finest Michelin-starred restaurants in the UK and abroad and it is not exaggeration to say that Will delivers food that is up there with the very best. I could quite happily have ordered every dish on the menu and my eventual choices did not disappoint. The corned beef started was light years removed from the sort of sandwiches I used to have in packed lunches at school, my lamb main course was mouth-wateringly delicious and the rhubarb and yoghurt dessert was a delight. My wife was equally pleased with her choices of chicken, more chicken and her dessert. A fine local cheeseboard rounded off the meal perfectly.

A word of praise for the drinks, as well. A fantastic cellar and the staff were kind enough to supply us with complimentary glasses of Prosecco as we were celebrating our anniversary.

We had chosen to stay B&B and enjoyed first class service from Will's dad, Terry, the following morning, with a filling and delicious Ulster Fry for breakfast. The Guinness wheaten bread baked by his mum was also something to behold!

A fantastic experience and we cannot wait to return. Will is certainly delivering some of the very finest food in Northern Ireland. Just hope I can save enough to book the whole place out for my upcoming 40th birthday!

2  Thank Stuart G